4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HID Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 10:24 PM
adamtrahan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 03-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Smoothbassman
Professional

Originally Posted by adamtrahan

Thanks!

They don't have the cancelers on their site for purchase. Does the single beam kit come with light bulbs for the left and right sides?

Old 03-13-2009, 10:47 PM
adamtrahan

It comes with both lights and ballasts. You need to tell them you need the cancellers or they wont send them. If you take a picture of the lights after you install them they will credit your card back $10 too.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran

Originally Posted by Smoothbassman
Anyone got the link to the site in where you bought your HID's I want to get some.

This isn't the place I bought my kit through, but where I got my cancellers, plus these guys are $10 cheaper and local to me. These guys told me if the cancellers didn't work he'd take them back and we could try something else. The place that I got my lights from wouldn't even call me back.

http://intensehid.com/

Old 03-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

So from looking at this page:

http://intensehid.com/6000k.html

What options should one select?

Will an upgrade to a slim ballast make them fit better? Is the flicker relay harness needed? Battery relay? And so one needs to call them for them to include the cancelers?

Old 03-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran

Originally Posted by Sobomaster
So from looking at this page:

http://intensehid.com/6000k.html

What options should one select?

Will an upgrade to a slim ballast make them fit better? Is the flicker relay harness needed? Battery relay? And so one needs to call them for them to include the cancelers?
I don't know what a difference the slim ballasts would make. The only place to mount the ballasts is on the back side of the vertical radiator core support, so regular or slim you'll still have to use 2 sided tape unless they offer a bracket. But even if they do, you'll still have to get behind there with some self-tapping screws and very small drill to get them in. Just use 2 sided tape and just check on them every time you wash your truck.

Add the flicker relay (canceler) harnesses. If the cancelers didn't do the job, I would have stepped up to the battery relay harness, but as of right now, no problems, so I'd pass on the relay harness.

Just click on the lights you want (are you sure you want the 6000K's, they are pretty blue, I prefer a whiter light, but that's me). As I've used the 5000K's they have "burned-in" and the light has become whiter.

And while you have everything out, change out the high beams to a SliverStar or an HID-style bulb like the PIAA 6000K 9005's - that'll match your low beams better. But now that you've got the HID's in the low beams, you'll see how Dodge didn't do their homework to make the high beams much better (as projecting and focusing the light pattern) than the low beams.

That set-up should do the trick, or if you feel more comfortable, call them on Monday and talk to them - they're pretty helpful.

Have fun!

Last edited by Thatmarkguy; 03-14-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:41 PM
adamtrahan

I won't lie...the 6000K are a little more blue than I thought they would be, but they are not crazy blue like you might think. I am happy with them. If its a big deal go with the 4300K. The place I bought mine doesn't offer 5000K. The ballast mount fine to the metal behind the headlamp housing. Its not even a tight fit. There is plenty of room, even with the cancellers. I did a little shopping and this place is a pretty good deal. 1yr warranty and 30 money back guarantee for $129 minus $10 for sending the picture when your done.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

What is the life expectancy on HIDs? For example, we all know that Silverstar Ultras burn out in about a year. How long do these last? 1 year? 2 years? 4 years? Any guarantees?

Old 03-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

What are you guys doing about your fogs? I always run my fog lights - does that mean I need another HID kit? I can't find Silverstars or PIAAs in a H10

Old 03-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran

What is the life expectancy on HIDs? For example, we all know that Silverstar Ultras burn out in about a year. How long do these last? 1 year? 2 years? 4 years? Any guarantees?
The HIDs should last about 4 years. My wife's Lexus had over 8 years on hers before we traded it in, but I'm sure the factory ones are a better quality than the ones sold on the web. Some retailers offer a 2 year warranty, others offer 1 year.

What are you guys doing about your fogs? I always run my fog lights - does that mean I need another HID kit? I can't find Silverstars or PIAAs in a H10
I didn't bother with the fogs, they're useless, but I'm sure if you enter H10 on eBay you'll find all sorts of bulbs listed.

Last edited by Thatmarkguy; 03-14-2009 at 10:03 PM.

Quick Reply: HID Lights