4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Found a Decent Place for a Concealed Handgun

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 01:33 AM
LRaymond
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, that won't work on non-heated seats I guess. I don't have that setup under my seat. Too bad to. I'd love a place to stash mine (other than the obvious) while at work (can't carry in the building).

Old 03-10-2009, 07:41 AM
MinatorHemi8
Veteran

lol careful youll scare the sheeple,

Have you noticed the large gap behind the quad cab seat yet? My shotgun with side saddle can fit in it pefectly securely against rear with no modifications

Old 03-10-2009, 09:22 AM
CajunRam
Amateur

just out of curiosity, but if you have a concealed carry permit, why would you clip it under the seat?

I too am a concealed carry permit holder and a huge advocate that more people should get one, but i prefer to keep my gun on my person...it also eliminates taking it off/putting it back on and potentially drawing more attention to yourself every time you enter/exit your truck.

I do like that setup for when i'm in clothes that i can't easily conceal in, i'll have to take a look at it when my truck comes in.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by CajunRam
just out of curiosity, but if you have a concealed carry permit, why would you clip it under the seat?

I too am a concealed carry permit holder and a huge advocate that more people should get one, but i prefer to keep my gun on my person...it also eliminates taking it off/putting it back on and potentially drawing more attention to yourself every time you enter/exit your truck.

I do like that setup for when i'm in clothes that i can't easily conceal in, i'll have to take a look at it when my truck comes in.
I understand where you're coming from, but I work for a professional services firm and do consulting type work. It's a small firm so I know I don't need it on me at work and we have a policy to not carry at clients, which means I basically can't carry Mon - Fri., so I leave it under the seat.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:41 AM
jram99
Veteran

Thanks Sobomaster, I will try that out today. I have a Taurus 24/7 .40 cal. Cajun Ram, I can't carry at work, against the rules and truck is subject to inspection if they want but that would be my last day on that job as I would refuse them entry to the truck even if I wasn't carrying. What I have in there is my business only. As far as carrying on me other than work, because I'm a large guy I've had a hard time finding something that lets me carry comfortably for long term. Not sure if it's against the rules here but I'm a memeber of "Concealed Carry Forum" at http://concealedcarryforum.com/forum/default.asp Check it out, great information and reading. Jeff.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:14 PM
MinatorHemi8
Veteran

Originally Posted by CajunRam

another point you cant reach your gun in your belt if someone runs up on you cops cant do it and they have open topped holsters.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:25 PM
CajunRam
Amateur

I guess i'm just alittle spoiled. I am a project manager at a medium sized software company. I've got the crossbreed super tuck (http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html), and am also a big guy, but don't have much of a problem with all day comfort.

We also don't have any rules regarding carry at work so unless i'm on the road at a client or something, i always have it, even at the office. I guess i wasn't really considering NOT being able to have it on me throughout the day as alot of other companies and states don't allow.

On the rare occasion i don't have it on my person i also place mine under the seat in my wife's XC90, and i will give this location a shot as well whenever my ram decides to come in.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

That looks like a great way to carry on your person, but it seems like it would take me much longer to untuck my shirt and pull it out from there then to just grab it from under the seat.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:34 PM
dakotanut

As of September 1, 2008, it is no longer against the law to carry a loaded weapon in your vehicle in the state of Texas. Of course I have a concealed handgun permit. That is a great place to keep it. Just make sure you don't keep one in the chamber. If it goes off your butt is in for a rude awakening.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dakotanut
As of September 1, 2008, it is no longer against the law to carry a loaded weapon in your vehicle in the state of Texas. Of course I have a concealed handgun permit. That is a great place to keep it. Just make sure you don't keep one in the chamber. If it goes off your butt is in for a rude awakening.
Yes, as of 9/1 HB 1815 extended the castle doctrine to include one's vehicle. So, you can keep a loaded weapon in your home, your vehicle, and in between the two. There are a few rules: 1. it must be concealed, 2. you can't be breaking the law 3. you can't be part of a street gang 4. you can't have any alcohol in your system 5. you must be able to lawfully posses a firearm.

I keep my loaded and chambered with the safety on and holstered. I figure if anyone's in for trouble it's most likely whoever is sitting behind me.....

Quick Reply: Found a Decent Place for a Concealed Handgun