4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Crew Cab 1500 Sport Hemi 4X$ does all com AWD???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 06:40 PM
patpeoria
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crew Cab 1500 Sport Hemi 4X$ does all com AWD???

Hy Guys new in the Forum

I orderlast week a Sport Crew Cab hemi 4X4 hemi, at that time base on the catalog they come with the awd transfer case.

Now the sales guy is not 100% sure....

Any help

thanks a lot!

Old 03-13-2009, 08:48 PM
It's a HEMI

huh? awd? its 4x4, you turn a switch on your dash to get it in 4x4

Old 03-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

There should be a 2wd mode, 4 high and 4 low. When it's in 2wd mode it won't automatically switch to 4wd when the tires slip or anything.

That is different from a Hummer for example which is always in some form of 4wd. The regular mode gives power to rear two wheels until slippage occurs at a certain RPM (I believe 2,500 or 3,000 rpm) and then it switches to 4wd, directing power to the tire(s) that is/are not slipping. The Hummer also has locked 4wd high and 4wd low in which it is always in 4wd mode. Once again, the Dodge Ram is not like this.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Smoothbassman
Professional

Originally Posted by Sobomaster
There should be a 2wd mode, 4 high and 4 low. When it's in 2wd mode it won't automatically switch to 4wd when the tires slip or anything.

That is different from a Hummer for example which is always in some form of 4wd. The regular mode gives power to rear two wheels until slippage occurs at a certain RPM (I believe 2,500 or 3,000 rpm) and then it switches to 4wd, directing power to the tire(s) that is/are not slipping. The Hummer also has locked 4wd high and 4wd low in which it is always in 4wd mode. Once again, the Dodge Ram is not like this.

There is an AWD transfer case avaliable on the 2009 ram. I have seen it on some trucks. It has a 2WD, AWD, 4H, and 4L options on the dial.

The standard sport package comes without the AWD option I'm sure you can add it if you want. Don't know why because the 4x4 is on the fly up to 45MPH all you do is flip the switch and 2 seconds later its in 4x4.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:33 PM
drober30
Veteran

Originally Posted by Smoothbassman
There is an AWD transfer case avaliable on the 2009 ram. I have seen it on some trucks. It has a 2WD, AWD, 4H, and 4L options on the dial.

The standard sport package comes without the AWD option I'm sure you can add it if you want. Don't know why because the 4x4 is on the fly up to 45MPH all you do is flip the switch and 2 seconds later its in 4x4.
Sport and Laramie both come with the auto setting, actually it is referred to as "on demand". You must get a Hemi. Brochure shows Sports and Larmie only come with a Hemi.

I ordered a Sport fully loaded. This was not an "option" to choose from but I fully expect it to be there when I pick up my truck.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by drober30
Sport and Laramie both come with the auto setting, actually it is referred to as "on demand". You must get a Hemi. Brochure shows Sports and Larmie only come with a Hemi.

I ordered a Sport fully loaded. This was not an "option" to choose from but I fully expect it to be there when I pick up my truck.
Let us know when you get it.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:19 PM
patpeoria
Default Thanks

Thanks was very worried, really chose the truck because of the awd, then the dealer was not sure any more, truck is due around 27th... let's wait!

Old 03-14-2009, 08:25 PM
drober30
Veteran

Originally Posted by patpeoria
Thanks was very worried, really chose the truck because of the awd, then the dealer was not sure any more, truck is due around 27th... let's wait!
Go to dodge.com and build your truck. Then select find in inventory. May not have all the options (camera ect..) but when you bring up the window sticker of any Sport, it list On Demand Transfer Case on the window sticker.

Plus, if you really want a confirmation on your truck, make that dealer earn their money and have them call the factory or their dealer rep.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:45 PM
WVU Fan
Professional

The on demand transfer cases are very nice. Best part is you can put it in the auto mode and forget about it. Operates just like an AWD vehicle. If I had known Sports came with that transfer case I probably would have got one over my SLT with the Big Horn package.

Good luck with your truck...I'm sure the time can't go fast enough until you receive it.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:26 PM
drober30
Veteran

Originally Posted by Sobomaster
Let us know when you get it.
It's 60 degrees here in Michigan (which is amazing for March) so I decided to go to the dealer and walk the lot and stare at some trucks and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a black Sport in a line of cars that was just delivered. Yep, my name is on the window sticker!

The window sticker list the on demand transfer case!

Quick Reply: Crew Cab 1500 Sport Hemi 4X$ does all com AWD???