4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sport and awd strange story again... dealer answer

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 02:58 PM
patpeoria
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport and awd strange story again... dealer answer

Hello guys

I'm brand new in this forum, and this will be my first truck, so my first dodge

A few week ago I decided to trade my H2 for a fullsize pick up.

After testing all of them it was obvious how good and car like was the new Ram, either from the ride than for the interior.

So I ordered 2 weeks ago (there was no avabality at that time ) a:
Hemmi 4x4 crew cab sport package blue color and wanted it AWD at first
included, Uconnect and GPS, sunroof, adjusted pedals, rear camera, large full tank, leather and heated everything, remote starter (I lived in Illinois)...

Due date arrive last week for the 27th, and passing trough the dealer ship i spoted a crew cab looking like a sport but Dam, without the AWD. After reading the tag it was an SLT with option. But the dealer was not sure about the AWD speaking about the 26L package that become 25L when he spec it...

I want then to the blog and posted the previous Thread, and here is the Dealer answer: receive this morning:

"I obtained information on parts for you. The remote accessory that links the tailgate lock to remote is $106.00 + tax for part and $180.00 for installation. The ipod interface part is $113.00 + tax and $60.00 for instalation. The Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit tonneau cover installed locally at Truck and Stuff is $!,395.00 + tax. The information I have currently on the truck is that the 25L Sport package does not have AWD and the 26L Sport package does. The 26L package was no longer able to be ordered. There are a few trucks out there with 26L Sport package close to what you want but in different colors that we could trade for should you not like truck when it arrives. It is still estimated to be shipped around the 24th of the month."

I reply that I rather want to re-order the right one, I rather want to wait for MY truck...

Does any one know better? THANKS A LOT That starting to keep me awake at night!!!! Thanks

Old 03-16-2009, 04:12 PM
direw0lf
Rookie

I did a bit of searching and the 25L package isn't any different than the 26L package. Cost is the same and the feature breakdown is the same, no mention of AWD in either of them. The 26L package was discontinued in Nov. So if anyone with a Sport built or ordered after that date has AWD (4x4 Auto) please let us know. I will have my truck later this week so I'll know for sure at that point.

Last edited by direw0lf; 03-16-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:24 PM
patpeoria

apparently there is no more AWD available after Nov, even on Laramie, sounds odd!

Old 03-16-2009, 08:52 PM
berning

Below is a post I did on another site in regards to this same issue. I have yet to see a laramie without 4x4 auto?

I've been looking at buying a new 09 sport crew cab, but am having a hard time finding one with the Shift on Demand transfer case like the laramies have? The sports have the 25L package and I have found it listed on trucks as 2 different prices, $3445 and $3840. The only difference I can see on the stickers is the ones listed at $3840 list the Shift On Demand transfer case as part of the package. But when you look in the truck at the 4x4 selector switch, they don't have the 4x4 Auto position?

I was at a dealer yesturday and they had at least 8 sports with the 25L package at $3840 and they didn't actually have the transfer case as listed on the window sticker. What the heck is going on? Dodge is charging for something people are not getting.

I know most of the earlier models came with the 26L package and now that has been discontinued for the 25L. The first 25L's that came out were at $3445 without the shift on demand. It seems like they have switch stickers over put haven't switched the assembly line. The brochure also shows the Shift on Demand as standard equipement on the sport models.

Dealers don't seem to know what is going on either, if they go to build one like your ordering, it doesn't even list the tranfer case as an option.

Does anybody know anything? Does anybody have a sport with the shift on demand transfer case?

Old 03-16-2009, 10:40 PM
drober30
Veteran

I ordered my Sport in February. I picked it up tonight. Window Sticker list 25L package, On-Demand Transfer Case and the truck does not have it.

Brochure list it as standard, the Sport I test drove had it, which was still on the lot, and I'm pissed!!!

Took delivery at 8:00pm so dealer said they will call me tomorrow after speaking with rep.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Well.... now it just depends on how it important it is to you. If it's real important, then have them take it back and buy the one on the lot or find one at another dealer. That's unacceptable for dealers to not know what's going on. Either the dealer or Chrysler is to blame.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:56 PM
drober30
Veteran

It's a shame they had to take the fun out of buying a $48k truck.

I would allow them to order me another one, but I ordered one because there was not one anywhere that had everything I wanted so finding one is not going to happen.

I'll wait to hear from them tomorrow but you cant list the feature everywhere including the window sticker and not provide it!

Old 03-16-2009, 11:05 PM
patpeoria
Default I'm allready upset....

Seems that what I was afraid of is coming, mine would arrive without the AWD.... and they will keep the dam truck I don't want it that way for sure, I do not want either the laramie I don't like all the chrome and the wood interior!

that sucks, if you can the rep name I will start to build a case.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:15 AM
direw0lf
Rookie

So the only difference between the two transfer-cases is the AWD?

Like patpeoria, I don't think I will be purchasing mine without the AWD, that was a major selling point for me. If I had known I wouldn't have ordered it and just got an SUV. This is very disappointing, I am only a day or two away from getting it.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:41 AM
direw0lf
Rookie

I was pondering, is it possible that the transfer case in the new trucks are always in 4x4 auto and the ability to put the transfer case into 2wd is now gone?

Just wishful thinking I guess.

Quick Reply: Sport and awd strange story again... dealer answer