4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CAI - which one to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 08:15 PM
MinatorHemi8
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EricVaBeach
Seems to me the stock air intake is already pretty good at allowing copious amounts of air flow given the stock headers. Has anyone here swapped the headers and added an X-Pipe to improve exhaust flow?

Another note; will a Predator (hand-held tuner) work on a Ram?
never swapped out headers a little to involved for a daily driver, and if you cant tell the difference between an aftermarket CAI and factory then you have never used one it totally changes throttle response.

A handheld tuner only works for what the prgram is specifeid for.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:23 PM
crod
All Star

i cant find anywhere on volants site about a cai for our truck yet....

Old 05-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

crod.. here you go

http://www.autoanything.com/air-inta...0A3152619.aspx

they have them there....

Old 05-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Doc Fluty
i have an XDI on my ram now.. and monday i will be helping AEM develope their CAI... i will have dyno numbers from all 3 intakes soon
Dyno numbers will prove whether these CAI's work.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:04 PM
mruck05

Originally Posted by Doc Fluty
i have an XDI on my ram now.. and monday i will be helping AEM develope their CAI... i will have dyno numbers from all 3 intakes soon
thats great i am def looking forward to seeing dyno results on the intakes out for the 09 ram that would def help me make my decision

Old 06-01-2009, 01:10 AM
Usmc Mopar
Amateur

I bought the XDI because of all of the rants and raves about it but to tell you the truth I am not impressed! I have been running the XDI for about 3 weeks now and I have seen minimal improvements (1 maybe 2) on MPG. One day I decided to leave the engine running and pop the hood to see exactly how hot the air that the intake was sucking in and WOW!! It is pretty hot in there! I would of had loved to see this thing pull cold air from outside the engine compartment. Has anyone noticed the panel that is inside the fenderwell? Looks like if you would open it then it would allow cool air from the fenderwell to travel up to the engine compartment.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:16 AM
Doc Fluty
Banned

your not ever gonna get more than 1-2 mpg out of any intake. if you could get 3-4-5 more mpg every manufacturer would be falling over themselves to install it from the factory.

and yes it does pull the hot air.. that was always one of the complaints about it in here... but once your truck is moving that hot air gets sucked out anyway...

Old 06-03-2009, 09:08 AM
HEMICrew
Rookie
Default Mopar cai?

I'm getting ready to buy the lifetime max care bumper-to-bumper warranty now that I see Chrysler is expected to emerge from bankruptcy. With that said, I don't want to mess with my warranty and I know that in order to void a warranty, they must prove that an aftermarket part caused the failure, etc. However, I know that if I buy MOPAR accessories, they will be covered under my warranty sooooo......

Anyone know if/when MOPAR is planning on coming out with a CAI for the Ram? I have the 1500 Laramie, 4X2, HEMI with 3.92s. I haven't seen anything on their site.

Thanks!
Jason

Old 06-03-2009, 10:59 AM
j0e
Professional

Originally Posted by HEMICrew
Anyone know if/when MOPAR is planning on coming out with a CAI for the Ram?
ive been asking this for weeks and still cant get a definite answer!

and...
Originally Posted by dodgiee
never heard of mopar
are you being serious?!?

Old 06-03-2009, 11:20 AM
tombogue09
Captain

The mopar cai is in the 09 ram accesories catalog so it should be out soon if not already. I'm going to ask about it friday at the dealer, I have to get my leather seats replaced