4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ram box's

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009 | 05:07 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker

I think it is a great asset to a person who needs tool space, but for me, I could not justify that much money for something I don't need.

Old 03-20-2009 | 05:25 PM
savage_46
Professional

i was wanting to check out a rambox before i got mine. but we didnt have any on the lot, and i needed out of my old truck asap. now that ive seen a few, i think theyre pretty cool, and practical for certain people. what i dont like most about it is that the locks dont sit flush w/ the lids (like how they are on door handles), and that the locks are recessed in a little bit. im one for clean lines and minimal clutter. plus w/ as high as those lids open, putting on a hard tonneau is probably impossible. but thats just me.

Old 03-20-2009 | 05:49 PM
Dr. Bill
Veteran

Hey Savage,
It is probably not a good choice if you are going to put a cap on the truck either, LOL.

Old 03-20-2009 | 07:42 PM
bigred3297
Record Breaker

I still haven't seen one on the island yet! Maybe i'll hit up the dealerships again to see what they look like.. I didn't want one from looking at pics but you guys are saying some good things about them. Still dont want one but i'd like to see

Old 03-20-2009 | 07:44 PM
savage_46
Professional

Originally Posted by Dr. Bill
Hey Savage,
It is probably not a good choice if you are going to put a cap on the truck either, LOL.
good call dude, i honestly never even thought of that. but then again im not a canopy kind of person either so...

Old 03-20-2009 | 09:20 PM
cyclone429
|
Record Breaker

In my working mans mind, any thing less than a 8 foot box is not a truck I'm going to own, 4x 8 sheets of plywood will fit in the crew cab, but not with the tail gate clossed, For the extra money of the ram box, a topper or toune cover makes more sense.

I doubt you can get a nail gun inside one of the ram boxs, But for the sportsman, the ram boxs are a great place for your fishing tackel, but than again, I can get a head start on a hell of a boat for the $ of the ram box.

Old 03-21-2009 | 11:43 AM
jram99
Veteran

The Rambox was the opton I wanted most when I decided to get the 09. I just couldn't wait for anylonger though since I really had to get another truck at the time (Nov). In a few hours my wife and I are headed up to the dodge dealer to see about trading in the new truck for one with the rambox. I don't work out of my truck but I do tow and have gear for that, plus all the straps for the 4 wheelers and such. The rambox to me is the perfect concept for this kind of clutter that you just don't want in the cab with you. The cost of the rambox is more than just the 2 built in tool boxes though. There is also the adjustable rail tie downs as well as the movable load gate that also doubles as a bed extender. The other day while at the dealer I had them run a special order cost for me and the $1895 msrp came to $1611 fwp (dont know what that is but assumed it was dealer cost) Anyway with the employee pricing, $1000 cash back, $1000 if financed through approved credit union, free hemi, and $500 farm bureu discount that puts the truck I want at around $34k. As long as I don't have to big of a loss on the 5 month old 09 I will probably make the deal. Jeff.

Old 03-21-2009 | 12:03 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jram99
The Rambox was the opton I wanted most when I decided to get the 09. I just couldn't wait for anylonger though since I really had to get another truck at the time (Nov). In a few hours my wife and I are headed up to the dodge dealer to see about trading in the new truck for one with the rambox. I don't work out of my truck but I do tow and have gear for that, plus all the straps for the 4 wheelers and such. The rambox to me is the perfect concept for this kind of clutter that you just don't want in the cab with you. The cost of the rambox is more than just the 2 built in tool boxes though. There is also the adjustable rail tie downs as well as the movable load gate that also doubles as a bed extender. The other day while at the dealer I had them run a special order cost for me and the $1895 msrp came to $1611 fwp (dont know what that is but assumed it was dealer cost) Anyway with the employee pricing, $1000 cash back, $1000 if financed through approved credit union, free hemi, and $500 farm bureu discount that puts the truck I want at around $34k. As long as I don't have to big of a loss on the 5 month old 09 I will probably make the deal. Jeff.
Good luck trading it in. Please let us know how much you are going to get for your 5 month old truck.

Old 03-21-2009 | 06:33 PM
lubepimp
Amateur

I don't have my truck yet but it is on order. The Ram Box was a must for me. I'm moving from an Avalanche, which has the original Ram Box, but much smaller, nicknamed saddlebags. Much more convenient when not standing in the bed to get at loose stuff that you might keep in the tool box, and you should still be able to fit a wheeler in the box (mine fits in the Avalanche).

Old 03-21-2009 | 09:08 PM
Swopedaddy

I agree with SARGUY. I think it is neat and would use it, but could not justify the price for how much I would use it and what I would use it for.

Last edited by Swopedaddy; 03-21-2009 at 09:18 PM.