4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'09 1500 Powergate LK170 (best price)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 06:24 PM
72combo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tailgate lock not free

Well after extensive bargaining to get the locking tailgate at least the handle part paid for by a local dealership I did leave with a smile since you all paid more for the standard tailgate lock than it costs to buy it after from the parts dept. The price of the truck went up after Dec/08 since the locking tailgate and a couple other not worth it items became standard. Well sometimes ya win some and sometimes ya save some money.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:26 PM
72combo
Champion

Just ordered my Pace Edward power tailgate lock for my 09 Dodge Ram part number
LK170 for 85.95 including shipping if in the US but I am having it mailed to my house in Windsor so its another 28 bucks still cheaper than changing out all the other parts. Ordered from truckaccessorizer.com

Old 04-29-2009, 07:15 PM
72combo
Champion

On its way, even have a trackingnumber. Hey Bounty anything I should look out for during the install that you thought instructions could have been better? Or location of things on the truck.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:30 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

I thought the instructions could have been clearer on where the wires are located. On mine they were underneath the top of the carpet on the side. I will post up a pic tomorrow. Aside from that, its a cake walk.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:54 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by mopowar
I thought the instructions could have been clearer on where the wires are located. On mine they were underneath the top of the carpet on the side. I will post up a pic tomorrow. Aside from that, its a cake walk.
Not worried about the inside wiring but this thing came with another harness with 2 relays on it and I was just wondering where under the hood is the best place to run it. If you want one by the way and fast get it from truckaccessorizer.com in the states free shipping 28 to canada.
Anyway just any pics would be cool, you can post them and if you have bigger pics..more res you can pm me I will give you me addy. Thanks.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:14 PM
iskybantilus
Professional

quick question to revive this old thread, since pictures were never posted can someone give me an idea where they tapped into the wires and what colors they tapped into. it says tan/white and tan/green. this agrees with the dodge body builders guide. when i tapped into a white with tan stripe wire i am getting unlock, but the green with tan stripe wire is not giving me lock. please advise anyone who has installed either this or anythign using lock/unlock.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:40 PM
phreeride

I received my Pace-Edwards LK170 today and will be returning it. After mounting the solenoid it is apparent that if solenoid is in the locked postion the mechanism is basically jammed and will operate unless the solenoid is released. So if the solenoid fails or your battery dies you are unable to open the gate. If you have a tonnaeu cover that works inactively with the tail gate you are locked out of your bed.

I would only be guessing but it looks like the mopar power lock works with the locking mechanisim that would allow you to unlock the mechanism with the key.
I'm going the mopar route in case something fails. I beleive this is the safest way to go.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:59 PM
phreeride
Default correction to previous post

I received my Pace-Edwards LK170 today and will be returning it. After mounting the solenoid it is apparent that if solenoid is in the locked postion the mechanism is basically jammed and will not operate unless the solenoid is released. So if the solenoid fails or your battery dies you are unable to open the gate. If you have a tonnaeu cover that works interactively with the tail gate you are locked out of your bed.

I would only be guessing but it looks like the mopar power lock works with the locking mechanisim that would allow you to unlock the mechanism with the key.
I'm going the mopar route in case something fails. I beleive this is the safest way to go.
(Correction in red)

Last edited by phreeride; 11-08-2009 at 08:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: '09 1500 Powergate LK170 (best price)