4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Insurance on your 2009 Dodge Ram

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 06:14 PM
ShirtaDay.com
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$930 annually or $77.50/month for the Ram. 100/300/100k coverage, comp, medical, PIP, towing, rental, etc. with $250 deductibles through Liberty Mutual. Had Travelers before and it was similar.

USAA is pretty much unbeatable (wish I could have that).

Old 04-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Soop
Professional

I pay $403 every six months for an 08 Toyota Sienna Van and my 09 Ram with USAA. That is for both my wife and I. No tickets in the last three years.

I have been with them for a long time. I have everything insured with them and get discounts for multi coverage.

I think I read somewhere where anybody can join up with them now! Might be worth a check to see. Great insurance company that does more than insurance.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:25 PM
ShirtaDay.com
Banned

If I could join USAA I would. Last I checked it was not possible. Can anyone verify?

Old 04-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Soop
Professional

Originally Posted by ShirtaDay.com
If I could join USAA I would. Last I checked it was not possible. Can anyone verify?
I just checked...only military or members' family.

Sorry about the info in my earlier post. Got some bad info!

Old 04-06-2009, 11:32 AM
John Valdes
Veteran

Originally Posted by ShirtaDay.com
$930 annually or $77.50/month for the Ram. 100/300/100k coverage, comp, medical, PIP, towing, rental, etc. with $250 deductibles through Liberty Mutual. Had Travelers before and it was similar.

USAA is pretty much unbeatable (wish I could have that).
Thats a very very low deductible. That is causing your rate to be high. Raise the deductible to $500 or even a $1000 and watch that premium go way down. Higher deductibles lower premiums and keep you from filing small claims that in turn raise the premium even more.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:11 AM
ShirtaDay.com
Banned

Originally Posted by John Valdes
Thats a very very low deductible. That is causing your rate to be high. Raise the deductible to $500 or even a $1000 and watch that premium go way down. Higher deductibles lower premiums and keep you from filing small claims that in turn raise the premium even more.
The difference between $250 and $500 was like $17/year and the difference between $250 and $1000 was like $42/year. That's not a lot of money at all and we prefer the added coverage. I have quite a few policies with them and have been with them for some years now.

Btw, as long as we don't file a claim on something that is our fault, it doesn't raise our premiums. Not every insurance company works that way maybe, but that's the way ours is setup. So hail damage or theft claims won't raise my premiums.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:08 AM
jram99
Veteran

United Services Automobile Association (USAA). They are one of the premier insurance companies to be with, was founded by military officers to service the special needs of our armed forces and their families. My wife was an employee there for 20 years until she was fired for jokingly punching one of her employees in the arm and telling her to get back to work. It's a long story but surfice it to say that as an employer they have really started to suck. However, they are absolutely, in my opinion the best insurance company out there. I miss not being with them anymore(pulled our business for firing my wife) but we do still do business with USAA bank. We are insured with GEICO now, Goverment Employees Insurance Company, also founded by military officers (ret) that left USAA to start GEICO. It's a good company but because they are open to everyone, the rates are not as competetive as USAA. We pay $2134.00 every 6 months. This includes 4 autos w/ 2 under 25 male drivers and our home. Not really sure of coverage since wife is the insurance guru. One other thing about USAA-motorcycle/ATV insurance is through Progressive and is still cheaper than going to Progressive directly. My brother is insured w/USAA and insures his ATV with them, our ATV's are direct with Progressive and he pays less than we do. Good company to be insured with, bad company to be employeed with (at least at this time, wasn't always that way). Jeff.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:34 PM
hbliam

Originally Posted by jram99
One other thing about USAA-motorcycle/ATV insurance is through Progressive and is still cheaper than going to Progressive directly.
Not in California. They still insure directly for California residents.

Quick Reply: Insurance on your 2009 Dodge Ram