4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Test Drove F-150 & Ram Today

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:02 AM
OneCheekRider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test Drove F-150 & Ram Today

Needless to say, I will likely be ordering a new Dodge Ram Laramie soon (unless dealers have the one I want).

I test drove the 09 F-150 Platinum Edition, then walked across the street and test drove a 09 Ram Laramie. While the Ford was a nice truck overall, the "wow" factor of the Ram ultimately won me over. Looks were incredible and that Hemi power was orgasmic. I just felt much more macho in the Ram. In my opinion, the Ram was just so well thought out; after looking under both trucks the F-150 had low hanging ebrake wires and other stuff that is likely to get damaged where the Ram was real clean. Ride was clearly better in the ram and had just about every feature I could ask for in a truck. While the Ford had several features the Ram didnt (electric folding mirrors & fold up running board) it was not nearly enough to sway my decision.

After looking at pictures, I really like the Blue two-tone Laramie, although my other truck friends are advising against the two-tone. Not sure on interior yet. I definitely plan on getting a sunroof, fixed rear window, backup camera, bucket seats, & ram-box.

As for aftermarket parts, first on my list is a Ready Lift Leveling/Lift kit (front 2.5" and the rear 1.5") as well as wheels & tires.

Any suggestions, advice, or comments would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to being apart of this community! Thanks!

Old 04-27-2009, 07:26 AM
qicvick
Professional

Congradulations on your chosen the Dodge, its a great truck, I had decided I wanted the blue 2 tone also but when I started looking none of the dealers close had one and we kept going back to this black and silver Laramie that my wife loved, I still haven't seen the Laramie blue 2 tone anywhere but it sure looks good on the Dodge.com site!

Old 04-27-2009, 03:08 PM
hbliam

Install your own fold up running boards for about $1500. I had them on my old F150 and have them on my new Ram. Work great. Look clean.

http://www.bestop.com/index.php?o=running-boards

Old 04-27-2009, 03:55 PM
drudometkin

If you like two tone paint better why would you let your buddies talk you out of it? I like two tone much better myself.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:17 PM
CajunRam
Amateur

I have the stone white 2 tone laramie, and think it looks terrific. They had some plain white ones on the lot and it just didn't look as good to me.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:31 PM
David_P

I have never been a two-tone fan but I bought a two-tone Deep Water Blue Laramie and really like it.
I occasionally second guess my decision to get the two-tone, but as soon as I see it again I stop doubting my choice.
Besides, you dont get the wheel flares if you buy the monotone trucks.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:36 PM
OneCheekRider

I think I'm set on getting the blue two-tone. Just wish I could see it in person first. Thanks guys

Old 04-27-2009, 05:49 PM
kddsRam
Veteran
Default Former F150 guy too

Owned 3 F150's since 2004, almost bought an 09 too. Drove the new Ram and never looked back. Then I cruised to all the Dodge dealers within an hour radius of the area looking for a blue sport, quad cab, hemi, 3.92 rear.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:05 PM
allhans
Rookie

The Blue is great. Looks terrific and I get lots of compliments.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Soop
Professional

I really like the looks of the Blue... I saw a two tone Blue the other day and it was sharp!

I could not go with blue. Two of our local high school rivals are blue... Plus being a Buckeye...Blue or Yellow is out of the question!!!

So it was black or red. The black matches my black 06 Harley Heritage Classic. No brainer for me!

No matter...the HEMI looks awesome wrapped in any skin!!!

Quick Reply: Test Drove F-150 & Ram Today