4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mygig Lockpick or Navtv?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 05:19 AM
patpeoria
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mygig Lockpick or Navtv?

Just receive my Laramie crew cab (what a great drive!) with nav and back up camera.

I’m considering installing a Mygig Lockpick or a Navtv.

I will also install an Ipod connection cable.

What are you suggesting?

Thanks a lot

Old 05-02-2009, 09:14 AM
MisterScott
Rookie

I tried two Lockpicks and both did not work. Audio dropout, and many other issues. Ordered the NAV TV and it works perfectly. Clear choice is NAV TV. They are great, will program it for you when you call. Highly recommended.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:16 AM
MisterScott
Rookie

I have the mygig w/o rear entertainment. I added the OEM ipod cable and the backup camera.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:22 PM
drober30
Veteran

NavTV MYGIGUSB. Call and ask for Susann! She is eager to help!

Love mine, works with no issues and can be updated by me using USB if necessary! That alone is enough to sway a decision!

Old 05-03-2009, 09:33 AM
MisterScott
Rookie

I think the issues the Lockpicks are having has to do with the speed sensitive volume control which I have no found a way to turn off. The also continue to play dvd's after you select another input.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Twist
Rookie

Originally Posted by drober30
NavTV MYGIGUSB. Call and ask for Susann! She is eager to help!

Love mine, works with no issues and can be updated by me using USB if necessary! That alone is enough to sway a decision!
Another vote for NavTV and Susan. She helped me with all my questions and now I have all the MyGig features usable at any speed and a backup camera. I am much happier with the MyGig unit after installing the NavTV kit.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:02 AM
TedEbear
Rookie

I highly recommend NAV-TV's ALLGIG-USB. You'll get MUCH faster customer service from them than the makers of Lockpick, if you ever need anything after your purchase. I've sent Lockpick numerous emails on a problem with something I bought from them and have not received a reply in over a year. Once Lockpick (Coastaltech) has your money you're basically on your own.

And someone else already pointed this out but with the ALLGIG-USB updates to it are free via USB. With Lockpick you have to buy a whole new unit.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:08 AM
patpeoria

Ok, Thanks for the advices, I’m ready to order the right one. Last question, going trough the Navtv website and forum, they said that it’s better if you disconnect the thing before going to service. Is the wire long enough to plug it in the glove box…. I don’t want to remove the dash fro every service…. Thanks again!

Old 05-07-2009, 08:43 AM
drober30
Veteran

Originally Posted by patpeoria
Ok, Thanks for the advices, I’m ready to order the right one. Last question, going trough the Navtv website and forum, they said that it’s better if you disconnect the thing before going to service. Is the wire long enough to plug it in the glove box…. I don’t want to remove the dash fro every service…. Thanks again!
I don't think it's that long. Plus you would need to gain access to the back of the radio to re-attach the factory harness so putting it in the glove box will not save you from taking apart the console again.

I also don't think you have to disconnect it when getting service, they just recommend it to take the guess work out of it.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:45 AM
wmichell227
Veteran

How hard is it to install the Navtv?

Quick Reply: Mygig Lockpick or Navtv?