4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Idiot dealers and Chrysler's trying to stay bankrupt...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:58 AM
72combo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HEMICrew
I agree with the other posters about Chrysler still making a profit. Remember, Fiat wanted in because they want access to Chrysler's manufacturing lines. Chrysler has one of the most efficient assembly lines and it's a cost efficient way for Fiat to break into the American market and start bringing their products like the Alfa Romeo to the States.

As for the 0%, the point here is that it was supposed to be good through Monday, 4 May and many people here had deals agreed to this past weekend and then the financing was pulled because Chrysler Financial is essentially going out of business under the Chapter 11 Re-organziation. I would expect 0% too when it was advertised and already agreed to. I was lucky and still got the 0% from my dealer this past Saturday but I too would have been very upset if I was told after I negotiated the deal last Friday on the phone that the 0% was gone when I went to pick up the truck on Saturday.

Ultimately, dealer rep does play into this because different dealers have different leverage. One person wrote on one of the threads here that they had 7% (reduced from 8%) and thought it was a good deal but that's terrible in this market. Anything over 5% is ridiculous right now in this market.

Jason
Minivan plant in Windsor added the Pacifica to the line without stopping for anything more than the 2 weeks normal shut down. They also build the VW Routan...same as Minivan but higher quality parts, wiring, and you can get diesel. Funny they share the other drive trains but not the diesel. What my point is plants can change on the fly now at least this one can and quality has always been number one at this plant.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:17 AM
DavidNM
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 72combo
I tried to get the internet advertised price but they told me that is internet special only you have to apply onliine etc. I said you gotta be kidding me left and that is why I now drive 50 miles to my dealership. Its fun. good boot on the highway Not like I go there much.

So what - you have to have yourself scanned into the computer like in Tron - in order to get their advertised specials???

Quick Reply: Idiot dealers and Chrysler's trying to stay bankrupt...