4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Idiot dealers and Chrysler's trying to stay bankrupt...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Mopar21277
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GMAC is owned by Cerebus Capital group as was the majority of Chrysler LLC. I don't know the exact deals as to whether Cerebus is still the majority owner; if they are, I'm sure the financing will be coming back, as GM and Ford will be offering great financing and so to be competitive, Chrysler will have to as well.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
BubbaRadioNetwork
Veteran
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by berning
My dealer has said that they could lock in the deal in place at the time of order or take the deal at time of delivery if it was better. I had 3 other dealers tell me they couldn't do this. But my dealer said he has been doing it for 30 years and has been very straight forward about everything so far.
Although now with this bankruptcy thing, who knows what willl happen. With Chrysler Financial closing down I'm wondering if 0% will still be available. My truck is stuck in Detroit waiting to be shipped.
The only way they can lock in the deal on a placed order is to back date your paperwork or they are screwing you on your deal. The incentives at time of delivery is what you should be getting.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:32 PM
buckarcher
Veteran

EVERYONE RELAX!!!

OK, take a deep breath. It' unfortunate that this is happening, but I promise Chrysler isn't going anywhere. Your tax dollars will assure it. The problem is that Chrysler don't know what it is going to do untill the government lets them decide. The poor dealers don't know what's going on and they are just trying to keep you as customers. I luckly got my truck off order two weeks ago. The dealer held my pricing because they were taking the financial risk themselves. Smaller dealers can't afford to do that. Chrysler set the prices and dealers can't charge a penny more or less for the trucks. And you may experience some delays, however don't sign any papers you are uncomfortable with right now. That's the bad news.

Here's the good news. There are millions of trucks sitting on the lots that are not being sold. Once these meetings are ajourned you can expect to see some crazy sales on chrysler vehicles this summer. The government will suplement chrysler and/or whoever thier partner is and they will come out with some real crappy, gas friendly cars until the economy and thier company gets back on track. Remember the 80's chargers? You may have the oppertunity to own a legendary automobile, so hang in there give it a while and reep the benifits of the summer sales. Ypu may even qualify for rediculous tax rebates.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:33 PM
buckarcher
Veteran

Originally Posted by bountyhunter
Go buy a Ford!

Why? So he can pretend it's a race car. hahaha

Old 05-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Shumdit
Professional

The problem as I see it is that as of this moment, the dealer's website still says they are offering 0% financing. I own my own company with a website, and if I were misleading customers like that I would at least have the intelligence to remove it from my website!

Old 05-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bountyhunter
Go buy a Ford!
You deserve to be hung drawn and quartered for that comment.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:50 PM
buckarcher
Veteran

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
You deserve to be hung drawn and quartered for that comment.

What do you expect? he has a 4x4 with a daytona spoiler on it.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:53 PM
buckarcher
Veteran

Originally Posted by Shumdit
The problem as I see it is that as of this moment, the dealer's website still says they are offering 0% financing. I own my own company with a website, and if I were misleading customers like that I would at least have the intelligence to remove it from my website!
I agree with you, I think they should be leagally obligated to fullfill thier advertisment, but who's gonna get a lawyer? The best tactic is to contact CF customer service.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Shumdit
Professional

Originally Posted by buckarcher
I agree with you, I think they should be leagally obligated to fullfill thier advertisment, but who's gonna get a lawyer? The best tactic is to contact CF customer service.
I doubt anyone there will answer the phone and if they do they will just give me the same "our hands are tied" speech I already got from the district manager.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:07 PM
buckarcher
Veteran

Originally Posted by Shumdit
I doubt anyone there will answer the phone and if they do they will just give me the same "our hands are tied" speech I already got from the district manager.

I owe them money so I'm sure they'll answer for me, but your right, they probably can't do anything. I just thought they might be able to give you an explaination of why it is on there.

Quick Reply: Idiot dealers and Chrysler's trying to stay bankrupt...