4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Idiot dealers and Chrysler's trying to stay bankrupt...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Shumdit
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idiot dealers and Chrysler's trying to stay bankrupt...

I have been trying to close a deal while Employee pricing was still in effect. Yesterday I comitted to a truck after narrowing it down over the weekend. The dealer is 3 hours away, so they said they would do all of the paperwork so we could lock in the 0% and the EPP+. They called back about 7:30 last night to tell me all was good with my credit and we could wrap it up today or tomorrow, whenever I could get down to them. I get a call this morning from the internet sales manager (who is the ma I have been dealing with since the beginning). He called to say, "I think you mentioned the 0% when we spoke?". Yes, I mentioned it to every dealer I spoke to when talking price since there was also a $500 rebate for using a credit union, but I told them I would rather do the 0% for 48 months instead of the $500 rebate. He then tells me because Chrysler Financial has been told to become part of GMAC, as of last Thursday they were no longer doing the 0%! I told him no 0%, no sale, and he says he will have the district manager call me. Then, literally 30 seconds later, the dealer's sales assistant calls me because they need a little more info to finish their paperwork. Obviously I tell her she is mistaken about the deal going through.
I spoke with the District Manager who bascially told me his hands were tied and they were in "uncharted territory". They do not know what the programs will be, and Chrysler has stripped them of any real authority during this time, so they are basically there to let people vent when they are unhappy, but can't do anything to correct issues.
My real issue with all of this is: All of the dealers I spoke with never mentioned any issues with the 0%. If this was not available, then how could they have sold any vehicles to someone who wanted to finance with Chrysler on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday (for the dealers that are open then) and Yesterday without being aware of this? What a bunch of idiots or liars. I am not sure which is worse. I told the District Manager I can not see how anyone would commit $30-40K of their money when they do not know what they are doing or are going to be doing. He assured me every dealer was aware of the finanacing change on Thursday. I asked him what the new programs were for this month, and he said " I really do not know". Chrysler is going down the tubes fast.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:38 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

Go buy a Ford!

Old 05-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Jeep4x4

Same thing happened to me! I was so pissed. Finalized deal on Sunday, yesterday they call and say credit is fine, but financing is not longer available. I made it very clear that the 0% was pivotal to the deal as I knew that GMAC had taken over. They said they cannot do anything and that it is not their fault. I canceled the deal, and am likely going to look at F150's now as I am totally turned off from buying any Chrysler product.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Shumdit
Professional

Originally Posted by bountyhunter
Go buy a Ford!
If they would drop a decent motor in it I might!!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:12 PM
kddsRam
Veteran

Originally Posted by Shumdit
If they would drop a decent motor in it I might!!
I owned 3 next gen F150's. Each was custom dyno tuned - and had tuner/intake/exhaust/efans/ud pulleys - because the stock tune was so pathetic. That is why I went Dodge for this time around ..

Old 05-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Jeep4x4

Dodge DEFINITELY has the better motor, but their dealers really need to get on board with whats going on, or Chrysler at least needs to communicate better with them so they don't lose repeat Chrysler buyers like myself.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:17 PM
DavidNM
Rookie

What you should do is figure out what the finance charge would be on the best interest rate for 48 months that they can give you.

Then subtract $500 from that amount. Tell the dealer that if he can find a way to hide / eat the difference you've got a deal.

You'll end up paying EXACTLY the same for the truck -- and the dealer won't look like a schmuck.

he he he

Old 05-05-2009, 04:14 PM
CajunRam
Amateur

i understand this is frustrating, but do you guys really think that the dealers are hiding stuff like this on purpose? they want to sell the trucks too. In most cases when something like the rebates change, there is no "locking in" what you get, is what's available at the time of signing the papers.

For instance, i ordered my truck 2/7....i knew EP++ was good through march...march 20th i still hadn't received my truck so i called the dealer and asked if there was a way to "lock in" the EP++ and other incentives that were active when i went to order my truck. He said the same thing, he couldn't do anything about it, what's offered is what's offered. Just so happens to be a crappy time to be trying to negotiate with a company who's future is up in the air for the most part. I wouldn't "bank" on having your way with Chrysler as far as deals go, they aren't exactly in an unloading and giving all their vehicles away mood. They need whatever money they can get as well.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:54 PM
berning

My dealer has said that they could lock in the deal in place at the time of order or take the deal at time of delivery if it was better. I had 3 other dealers tell me they couldn't do this. But my dealer said he has been doing it for 30 years and has been very straight forward about everything so far.
Although now with this bankruptcy thing, who knows what willl happen. With Chrysler Financial closing down I'm wondering if 0% will still be available. My truck is stuck in Detroit waiting to be shipped.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:04 PM
mike2810
Captain

Originally Posted by berning
Although now with this bankruptcy thing, who knows what willl happen. With Chrysler Financial closing down I'm wondering if 0% will still be available. My truck is stuck in Detroit waiting to be shipped.
I don't think CF is closing down, its just being merged with GMAC financing. 0% financing has come and gone over the past couple of years. It may come back. If you can't get 0%, then haggle for a lower price on the truck.

Quick Reply: Idiot dealers and Chrysler's trying to stay bankrupt...