4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Idiot dealers and Chrysler's trying to stay bankrupt...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't see the 0% on their website today. I even went through and built my truck that I have now and it showed no employee pricing or any incentives at all. The truck was priced with no incentives at $42,919 - which I would have never paid.

At less than that price I could've bought another year-old pretty loaded GMC crew cab 4x4 with a Duramax with very few miles on it. Which I almost did until Chrysler offered employee pricing and 0% financing.

Last edited by Thatmarkguy; 05-05-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:54 PM
DavidNM
Rookie

Nothing motivates a car dealer than when someone walks out the door.

There's always secret money laying around and these dealers know how much it is costing them to have the trucks sitting there on the lot, day after day, not being moved.

Tell the dealer you're going to go buy a Ford and walk out.

Car Dealer: (ker-deelr) syn. scum, slime, liar, snake, weasel, (1. Lowest form of whale poop in the deepest part of the ocean)

Old 05-05-2009, 07:21 PM
maildude09
Default Dealers make a difference

I bought a 09 quadcab hemi Monday. Went shopping Saturday, the dealer told me they could go through Morgan Chase bank till Monday 5/4/09 and still get 0% 48 months. Picked it up Monday afternoon, 0% and 9,500$ off MSRP. The 1st dealer i checked with said 4.9% was the lowest he could get. Dealers do make a difference.

Since CF went bankrupt, dealers will have to buy there inventory or get a floorplan from another source. Then you have the issue of plant downtime. How long will it be before they receive new inventory?

Not a good time to be a dealer, IMHO.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by buckarcher
What do you expect? he has a 4x4 with a daytona spoiler on it.
Oh I was thinking it, but I think he has been through enough hell on that subject.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:01 PM
DavidNM
Rookie

Originally Posted by maildude09
I bought a 09 quadcab hemi Monday. Went shopping Saturday, the dealer told me they could go through Morgan Chase bank till Monday 5/4/09 and still get 0% 48 months. Picked it up Monday afternoon, 0% and 9,500$ off MSRP. The 1st dealer i checked with said 4.9% was the lowest he could get. Dealers do make a difference.

Since CF went bankrupt, dealers will have to buy there inventory or get a floorplan from another source. Then you have the issue of plant downtime. How long will it be before they receive new inventory?

Not a good time to be a dealer, IMHO.
When I bought my Laramie 2 weeks ago I financed through Chrysler Financial. It was actually better for me to take the 2K discount instead of the 0% financing - not hard to figure out.

Then - last Thursday the dealer asked me to come in and sign new paperwork. They had to move the financing to Morgan Chase since Chrysler Financial consolidated with GM and wasn't giving loans. They gave me an interest rate that was 1% lower for my trouble (7% I believe).

Old 05-05-2009, 09:08 PM
BubbaRadioNetwork
Veteran
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidNM
When I bought my Laramie 2 weeks ago I financed through Chrysler Financial. It was actually better for me to take the 2K discount instead of the 0% financing - not hard to figure out.

Then - last Thursday the dealer asked me to come in and sign new paperwork. They had to move the financing to Morgan Chase since Chrysler Financial consolidated with GM and wasn't giving loans. They gave me an interest rate that was 1% lower for my trouble (7% I believe).
My local credit union was offering 4% when I got mine in March.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:41 PM
HEMICrew
Rookie

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation...that really does suck. I can tell you I think it's the dealers as well in terms of different dealers possibly having more leverage. I did my deal this past Friday on the 1st but didn't sign the paperwork and pick-up my new Ram until Saturday in Houston (I live in San Antonio) and I was able to get the 0% for 48 months and $13,345 off MSRP.

I hope it works out for you..maybe you can get the dealer to cover the difference between the lowest rate you can get and what 0% would have been.

Jason

Originally Posted by Shumdit
I have been trying to close a deal while Employee pricing was still in effect. Yesterday I comitted to a truck after narrowing it down over the weekend. The dealer is 3 hours away, so they said they would do all of the paperwork so we could lock in the 0% and the EPP+. They called back about 7:30 last night to tell me all was good with my credit and we could wrap it up today or tomorrow, whenever I could get down to them. I get a call this morning from the internet sales manager (who is the ma I have been dealing with since the beginning). He called to say, "I think you mentioned the 0% when we spoke?". Yes, I mentioned it to every dealer I spoke to when talking price since there was also a $500 rebate for using a credit union, but I told them I would rather do the 0% for 48 months instead of the $500 rebate. He then tells me because Chrysler Financial has been told to become part of GMAC, as of last Thursday they were no longer doing the 0%! I told him no 0%, no sale, and he says he will have the district manager call me. Then, literally 30 seconds later, the dealer's sales assistant calls me because they need a little more info to finish their paperwork. Obviously I tell her she is mistaken about the deal going through.
I spoke with the District Manager who bascially told me his hands were tied and they were in "uncharted territory". They do not know what the programs will be, and Chrysler has stripped them of any real authority during this time, so they are basically there to let people vent when they are unhappy, but can't do anything to correct issues.
My real issue with all of this is: All of the dealers I spoke with never mentioned any issues with the 0%. If this was not available, then how could they have sold any vehicles to someone who wanted to finance with Chrysler on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday (for the dealers that are open then) and Yesterday without being aware of this? What a bunch of idiots or liars. I am not sure which is worse. I told the District Manager I can not see how anyone would commit $30-40K of their money when they do not know what they are doing or are going to be doing. He assured me every dealer was aware of the finanacing change on Thursday. I asked him what the new programs were for this month, and he said " I really do not know". Chrysler is going down the tubes fast.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:54 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shumdit
I have been trying to close a deal while Employee pricing was still in effect. Yesterday I comitted to a truck after narrowing it down over the weekend. The dealer is 3 hours away, so they said they would do all of the paperwork so we could lock in the 0% and the EPP+. They called back about 7:30 last night to tell me all was good with my credit and we could wrap it up today or tomorrow, whenever I could get down to them. I get a call this morning from the internet sales manager (who is the ma I have been dealing with since the beginning). He called to say, "I think you mentioned the 0% when we spoke?". Yes, I mentioned it to every dealer I spoke to when talking price since there was also a $500 rebate for using a credit union, but I told them I would rather do the 0% for 48 months instead of the $500 rebate. He then tells me because Chrysler Financial has been told to become part of GMAC, as of last Thursday they were no longer doing the 0%! I told him no 0%, no sale, and he says he will have the district manager call me. Then, literally 30 seconds later, the dealer's sales assistant calls me because they need a little more info to finish their paperwork. Obviously I tell her she is mistaken about the deal going through.
I spoke with the District Manager who bascially told me his hands were tied and they were in "uncharted territory". They do not know what the programs will be, and Chrysler has stripped them of any real authority during this time, so they are basically there to let people vent when they are unhappy, but can't do anything to correct issues.
My real issue with all of this is: All of the dealers I spoke with never mentioned any issues with the 0%. If this was not available, then how could they have sold any vehicles to someone who wanted to finance with Chrysler on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday (for the dealers that are open then) and Yesterday without being aware of this? What a bunch of idiots or liars. I am not sure which is worse. I told the District Manager I can not see how anyone would commit $30-40K of their money when they do not know what they are doing or are going to be doing. He assured me every dealer was aware of the finanacing change on Thursday. I asked him what the new programs were for this month, and he said " I really do not know". Chrysler is going down the tubes fast.

Whats the problem..GMAC can offer 0 % on the chevy trucks, THey can offer 0% on Dodges....hell the delaer can finance dodge Rams if they really wanted to sell them, problem with GMAC is thier not worth munch on the balance sheet, GMAC is lossing money too.. Maybe its best to wait for the bottom to fall out and look at buying in a year from now.

Chrysler is dead and gone, but it will be back under new ownership, and it will not be fiat, Fiat will crash out as well..

Old 05-06-2009, 12:10 AM
72combo
Champion

My dealer is still selling cars, he uses banks to finance, works out a deal. I see they are around 5 percent. Not bad. I asked how he was doing today alone he sold 5 new cars and trucks and even unloaded a couple of used ones he's had for some time. He leased out the leased Charger i brought in early. So that is cool

Old 05-06-2009, 12:14 AM
72combo
Champion

Problem is going to be getting parts to run the lines. It must be a part of the bankruptcy proceedings. I know some local parts suppliers were already in the red just giving Chrysler parts for whatever price they name just to keep the customer, but now they aren't even doing that so some are closing makes me wonder how the plants will run. Well Toyota is not gonna take over,,,big rust problems. Frames rotting sorry off topic again.

Quick Reply: Idiot dealers and Chrysler's trying to stay bankrupt...