4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Parkview camera?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 04:22 PM
rolltidehemi
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkview camera?

Does anyone know who the vendor is that makes the parkview camera? Still waiting on mine, but would like to know. Don't want the aftermarket cam, trying to stay OEM. Its interesting that they are showing up on newly purchased vehicles but none available yet for purchase (on backorder).

Old 05-07-2009, 04:28 PM
ryano34

Don't have an answer to your question, just wanted to say ROLL TIDE!

Old 05-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Mepsgod
Amateur
Cool Great Question

I also would like to know the answer to this question. Replied to be a part of the thread.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:54 PM
jcrhea

Mine just came in Friday from my dealer. So they should start rolling out now.

John

Old 05-13-2009, 12:06 PM
rolltidehemi
Captain

Found out today that there were 184 backordered cameras until today, 100 have been shipped out, so now there are 84 on backorder nationally and they will ship another 100 on may 19. If you need any parts or accessories call Art at Henson motorsports or find then online, great to deal with and some of the best prices.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:05 PM
TheBayouCity
Rookie

Originally Posted by rolltidehemi
Found out today that there were 184 backordered cameras until today, 100 have been shipped out, so now there are 84 on backorder nationally and they will ship another 100 on may 19. If you need any parts or accessories call Art at Henson motorsports or find then online, great to deal with and some of the best prices.
how much is the Parkview system with Henson? I checked online but they dont have the 09 Ram yet as an option.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:31 PM
jcrhea

Got my camera installed today. Works perfectly. Appears I was one of the first 100 as the dealer I got mine from told me the exact same numbers as you. Paid $235 for the camera. Installation was pretty darn involved so I called my local dealer (not who I bought the camera from) and they asked how I had one already since they have a few on order and have not gotten them. And was I sure it was the MOPAR one.. After verifying it for them and reading the part number they said they would do the install for $100 since they wanted to see how hard it was and know for other customers.

Said it took them 4.5 hours and they lost money on the deal for sure, but learned how to do it..

John

Old 05-13-2009, 10:17 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by jcrhea
Got my camera installed today. Works perfectly. Appears I was one of the first 100 as the dealer I got mine from told me the exact same numbers as you. Paid $235 for the camera. Installation was pretty darn involved so I called my local dealer (not who I bought the camera from) and they asked how I had one already since they have a few on order and have not gotten them. And was I sure it was the MOPAR one.. After verifying it for them and reading the part number they said they would do the install for $100 since they wanted to see how hard it was and know for other customers.

Said it took them 4.5 hours and they lost money on the deal for sure, but learned how to do it..

John
I love stories like that you lucky puck you.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:38 PM
rolltidehemi
Captain

I think Hensons wanted around 260, its been 2 months since I ordered and I can't find the sheet.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Mepsgod
Amateur
Cool Help:Parkview camera

Glad you found and were able to get a camera for your truck. Can you tell us who the name of the manufacture? My dealership is asking for over $600.00 for camera and installation, if they can even get a camera.

Quick Reply: Parkview camera?