4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Necessary mod!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 06:50 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Necessary mod!

Spent part of the day detailing the outside of the truck. I have come to the conclusion that the rocker panel and the leading edge of the bed (lower part) needs this. Going to stop at a location Monday and talk to them about it. I think I would wrap it up into the door jam on the rocker so you do not see the seam when the door is closed. I did notice the rear bumper edge had it (I am sure only the sports).

http://ziebart.com/clearshield.php

Old 05-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Brummo
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
Spent part of the day detailing the outside of the truck. I have come to the conclusion that the rocker panel and the leading edge of the bed (lower part) needs this. Going to stop at a location Monday and talk to them about it. I think I would wrap it up into the door jam on the rocker so you do not see the seam when the door is closed. I did notice the rear bumper edge had it (I am sure only the sports).

I bought some non yellowing vinyl tape from JCWhitney a few years back. Bought black and clear. I put some behind the front liscence plate to keep it from rubbing paint off. Used some around the molded mudflaps to keep them from scratching and digging into the paint. I guess pin stripping would do the same to keep the paint on good shape.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:12 PM
bigred3297
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My back bumper has that stuff as well, would like to see how it looks once applied before i do it myself, seems easier to clean

Old 05-10-2009, 07:22 PM
72combo
Champion

Oh crap I thought that was shipping or protective during build so I peeled it , was hanging off anyway, just looked is still on the other side didn't notice cuz it wasn't peeled. Ihave mudflaps anyway should be good????

Old 05-10-2009, 07:24 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 72combo
Oh crap I thought that was shipping or protective during build so I peeled it , was hanging off anyway, just looked is still on the other side didn't notice cuz it wasn't peeled. Ihave mudflaps anyway should be good????

You could try taking it back to the dealer, tell them it started peeling off so you took it off and want it fixed.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Brummo
Captain

Originally Posted by bigred3297
My back bumper has that stuff as well, would like to see how it looks once applied before i do it myself, seems easier to clean
Really needs to be clean and then need smooth, applicator/squeegy type to get the air out from behind. On the clear you can see behind it so it is important. Also found it easier to apply with a heat gun to bend around curves to fit just right. But like I said, you don't want air or dirt behind it anywhere. A needle helps to push the air out too.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:55 PM
Scristof

I just got my 2009 dodge ram sport fully protected with 3M scotchguard paint protection film and it looks great! This is the best product on the market and is fully endorsed by NASCAR. I had a professional installer put it on my entire front end (hood, grill, bumper), fenders, wheelwells, rocker panels, rear view mirrors and door sills. The great thing is that you cannot see it at all! The entire package costs over $1600 but is well worth it if you want to protect your investment. I would recommend it to all RAM owners.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...gard-PPF/Home/

Old 05-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Collie's09

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio

Post some pics once you get it installed. Sounds like a good idea. I was thinking of getting some factory mud flaps but I really don't like the look of them at all.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:51 AM
MMMMRice
Veteran

I peeled all of that **** offf the day I brought the truck home, it made it look cheap.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Rock chips and such are like scars - they add character and chicks dig them.