4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

This stinks!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The way it was explained to me by 2 different dealers is that as long as the warranty changes hands before the 3 years / 36,000 miles it's all good.

The remote hatch was about $1300 installed.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:46 AM
buckarcher
Veteran

I would take the deposit back while you can. Then go to a big dealer and tell them you want your truck. Give them the VIN number, the dealer should have it if not, your name is on the window sticker, someone should be able to get it for you. You will probably get a steal when it comes in. It's starting to get late in the year and they have a ton of these things that will need to be sold. I ordered my truck but if I hadn't, I would be disapointed that I didn't wait for the July sales. Watch how crazy it gets!

Old 05-19-2009, 09:52 AM
buckarcher
Veteran

Originally Posted by Thatmarkguy
The way it was explained to me by 2 different dealers is that as long as the warranty changes hands before the 3 years / 36,000 miles it's all good.

The remote hatch was about $1300 installed.

HEY!!! Is that my wife in your avatar???
Yeah right, maybe when she was 21, how I miss those days.

I know that the lifetime warrenty is non-transferable, but not sure about the others. I would not take anyones work for it though, time to get out magnifying glass and interperate some lawyer terms. You could also call the warrenty company and tell them you bought a used truck and it needs a ton of warrenty work. hahaha. I'm sure they'll let you know if it's not covered.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:01 AM
ezjeeper
Rookie
Default Update!!!!

Okay, update time. A little wordy, I apologize in advance.

So, after getting picked up at airport by wife and daughter, we go to dealership. My salesman meets me (for first time since this was all on internet) and says, "No change in shipping." They are still waiting for bankruptcy to clear. He says they get different information each day from Chrysler. And had double checked their website and they still showed nothing close to what I want in a truck. Only one other dealer left in town and they don't have anything either. No way I am settling. So, I mention to my salesman that I had originally thought about a Challenger SRT8, maybe they'd finally be willing to deal on one given their dire circumstances. He goes and talks to his boss, who tell me $1000 over invoice, no haggling, no nothing since I had been through all this with truck! I go for a test drive with another salesman and OMG!!! What a bad azzzzzz car! You should have seen people trying to break their necks to get a look at me in that Hemi Orange SRT8. So, I make up mind I am going to get it and mention to the salesman doing the ride how my long story came to this decision. He then says, "What are you talking about? We have a fully loaded red Laramie 4X4 sitting on the lot. Just rolled in today." WHAT??? So, we go back to dealer and sure enough, there it is. Now I have a problem. I fell in love with the Challenger, but really want the truck. So, I tell him, bring back black and white numbers. Employee discounts - gone! Zero percent financing - gone! This red truck is exactly like the one I ordered except it also has the back seat TV in it. So, I tell them I am not paying for it since I don't want it or need it. So, they totally discount the truck to remove cost of TV. Both vehicles are great deals, both are equally as affordable, both are within 100 bucks of each other for insurance. My wife won't help, she loves both and tells me it is my decision - great! Anyway, to end the diatribe, I am now the proud owner of a Red Crystal Pearl Coat Laramie 4X4. I know, I know, pictures pictures pictures. So here you go!!! Thanks for all the support and votes of confidence guys!

Oh, not only did they give me rear seat entertainment at no cost, they are also paying for the Line-X. And I got the free oil changes, and they gave me MaxCare Lifetime Warranty ($100 deductible) for $1500.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:35 PM
buckarcher
Veteran

Beautiful truck, but I can't believe you passed on the SRT8. I'd go with the truck but im in mud and snow most of the year you live in Nevada.
Congratulations on the new RAM

Old 05-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Thank God you got the ram. The Challenger might look nice on the outside, but if you want a real sports car, there are much better choices out there for the same money.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:58 AM
mr.orange

Glad you got your truck...it's crazy right now. I was also tempted by the SRT Challenger, but really needed the truck. Gonna keep an eye out over the next couple months, though...

Quick Reply: This stinks!