4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A few new mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 03:37 AM
72combo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would get a ticket, my headlights have to be on if I have fog lights on.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:00 AM
jsmit450
Rookie

I am sold...I like it....I would install them just to be able flip them on if somebody cuts me off and I could blind them. Those pictures look bright , what does it look like with all the lights on at once?

Old 05-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Those look bad a$$. Definitely going on my list. Just need to figure out where they sit on the priority list. Probably somewhere behind boat stereo and new gun. I did just drop 10k on some home remodeling, so it might be a few months...

Old 05-22-2009, 10:47 AM
JINXR
Rookie

Originally Posted by switchblade906
Looks good, the only thing stopping me from putting lights there is because you can see them through the grill in the daytime
I personally think it looks cool during the day and at night, but if you don't like seeing them during the day, Hella makes some lights that they call Black Magic. They turn black while they're off. They are big though and the horizontal bar in the grill would block them like on the OP's truck, but they wouldn't stand out during the day.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:50 AM
JINXR
Rookie

Originally Posted by 72combo
I would get a ticket, my headlights have to be on if I have fog lights on.
You can wire them up to make them only come on when the headlights come on, or you can just have the self discipline to turn them on only when the headlights are on. Either way, I really hope cops aren't that strict where you live...

Old 05-22-2009, 10:52 AM
JINXR
Rookie

Originally Posted by Brummo
How do those work behind the grill? I've never tried it, not for me i guess. But, if they work what the hay. I guess it's easier than cutting holes everywhere in the bumper.
I think the ribs on your chrome grill are slightly thicker than the ribs on the black honeycomb grills, but either way, it doesn't really block much light output at all. In fact, I couldn't tell a difference between the output when I had the grill off or on.

Quick Reply: A few new mods