4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4th Gen Reviews Forum???

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 11:38 AM
buckarcher
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th Gen Reviews Forum???

Just was wondering if it is possible or if any of the administrators have ever contiplated making a thread for the 4th Gen Rams that we could review parts and accessories? Maybe like a sticky or something?

I invisioned a forum that would have treads like "nerf bars", "tires", "toneau covers", "muflers", "intakes" ext.... In those threads viewers could be able to give product reviews and pictures of the parts reletive to the thread.

I think it would help everyone in choosing which product is right for them, and keep the information in the same place. It would also help incourage participation from veiwers to share thier experiences with simular products; however, there may need to be some administrative controls to ensure the treads don't get gunked up with irrelevent information.

Just a suggestion I think maybe useful???

Old 05-20-2009, 03:29 PM
bigred3297
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think it would be a cluster, we already have a post on aftermarket accessories and numerous side threads, a quick search can provide all the answers people need. I think it might work if we made a seperate sticky for each category of accessory but our entire first page on the forum would be stickies...

Old 05-20-2009, 09:10 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The 3rd Gen section has something similar, they are working out the best method and we will probably do something similar once we get that one all squared away.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:47 AM
buckarcher
Veteran

Was just trying to throw out an idea, because everytime I search for something I have to read 4 pages of unrelated messages in 5 different threads only to find that the reviews are incomplete. Sounds like you guys are on top of it though. Thanks for the responces.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:23 AM
looperk2

For me, half the fun in reading this forum is finding the 4 pages of irrelevant/unrelated posts. Haha - guess I have too much time on my hands.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:15 AM
buckarcher
Veteran

Originally Posted by looperk2
For me, half the fun in reading this forum is finding the 4 pages of irrelevant/unrelated posts. Haha - guess I have too much time on my hands.

I wouldn't mind but I login at work and people are always bugging me about work stuff while I'm trying to read. hahaha (shuuush dont tell anyone)

Old 05-21-2009, 05:15 PM
c0mf0rt
Captain

I wish I could get the site at work. Then I wouldn't have to use sooo much of my off time.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Yeah... keeps me from getting too bored at work. But the search feature isn't the best, but it might be better than a separate thread b/c people will bring it all up again anyways....

Quick Reply: 4th Gen Reviews Forum???