4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The media is likely wrong AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Shumdit
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The media is likely wrong AGAIN!

This may be the wrong section for this, but all the media outlets (including a live piece from Pohanka Dodge this morning on "The Early Show") have been screaming fire sale prices on all cars that have to be sold by June 9th or else. Now it appears the truth is that not only is Chrysler going to help dealers with selling their remaining inventory or vehicles and parts, etc. to other dealers, but they will likely do so after the 9th. They are also going to help even on the remaining 08's stuck on the lot, which were the only ones I thought the fire sale pricing might really apply to from those soon to be ex-dealers. GMAC just got a ton more of my (and your, and your children's) money and this will allow them to extend credit to the remaining dealers with the understanding that they will be taking on the inventory. If I had $1000 to wager I would say these dealers who are screaming fire sale likely knew of this already, but saw it as just another way to get some good free advertising and drum up business, much like the "we'll pay off your trade no matter what you owe" or "$10000 guaranteed trade in value, drive, push or pull it in". I sent a buddy to one of the doomed dealers who I had bought from 2 weeks ago and he could not even get the deal I got, even with "everything must go" pricing. This reminds me of Circuit City's "LIQUIDATION SALE" where they took 20%, then 30%, etc. off prices, but were giving these discounts off of MSRP, which meant they were actually selling them for more than they had been before the bankruptcy liquidation.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:54 PM
MOPWR2U
Veteran

Dealerships never, ever, ever, sell anything at a loss. Too bad Chrysler cannot take dealership pricing completely out of the picture, ... forever! Go back to the employee plus plus pricing and leave it that way.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Yeah... the sale prices really aren't that good right now from what I've seen. Other dealers will buy up inventory at wholesale before dealerships sell at a loss.

Quick Reply: The media is likely wrong AGAIN!