4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

U connect DVD

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Superdodge33
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U connect DVD

Is there a way that I can overide the Lockout when Im driving and have a DVD playing? there has to be someway to do this.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Ryan Albert
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Search for lockpick or allgig, these will unlock it but they are quite pricey. I heard that the dealer can unlock it using their computer, but good luck finding one to do it. Huge liability involved.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:47 PM
buckarcher
Veteran

don't know without looking at a schematic, but i'd bet there is a wire that connects the gear selector to the sterio. I say this because my dealer said the shut off was required by some states and not others. It may also just be a coded lock out. Good luck.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Shumdit
Professional

I have heard some confusion about this. I was led to understand that on no trucks would the DVD play in motion without a lockpick or allgig-USB. Rather, the lockout people talk about that is programmable at the dealer level would actually block the DVD from playing even in park due to state laws. The owner's manual even seems to allude to this. I also do not think the finding the wire for Park with work either since the MyGig also seems to read vehicle speed. I was trying to do voice training the other day at a drive through while in drive, but as soon as I inched up it cancelled with a explanation about it not being possible while in motion. I found a source for the Allgig for $259.00 even not as a military member, so I will go that way. I have heard of too many issues with the Lockpick on the new Rams.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:30 AM
Ryan Albert
Veteran

It is not just a one cable deal. The radio is part of the main vehicle harness which is reading very many parameters of the vehicle.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:46 AM
TedEbear
Rookie

Originally Posted by Shumdit
I have heard some confusion about this. I was led to understand that on no trucks would the DVD play in motion without a lockpick or allgig-USB. Rather, the lockout people talk about that is programmable at the dealer level would actually block the DVD from playing even in park due to state laws
The way it works is the dealer can use their StarScan tool to enable or disable front seat video. A dozen or so states do not allow front seat video, even when in park. The list of those states should be in the MyGIG owner's manual.

The StarScan tool will only work to enable front seat video when in park. It cannot enable it while in motion. Also, a dealer in one of the listed states where front seat video is forbidden will probably not enable it, no matter how hard the owner pleads. Too many liability issues involved.

The ALLGIG-USB unlocks all that and lets the owner use all of the features of their MyGIG, whether the vehicle is moving or not.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:22 AM
cpelton
Veteran

I just installed a Lockpick in my truck, works awesome and a really good price at
www.tvandnav2go.com

Old 05-25-2009, 09:45 AM
cpelton
Veteran

And this is in an 09 with REN mygig

Old 05-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Superdodge33
Rookie

OK so what exactly do i need to buy? what its the product # I want my DVD going all the time.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Ryan Albert
Veteran

All gig or lock pick.

Quick Reply: U connect DVD