4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transferring music to the HDD

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 10:02 AM
buckarcher
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone know if you can transport files from the HDD to a CD or USB?

Old 06-09-2009, 10:25 AM
seigell
Veteran

No, MyGig is a "destination" device only. You cannot retrieve files from it - neither mp3 nor photos - nor even output a playlist nor catalog of music already present.
There is a "Delete Playlist" and a "Delete ALL", and a method to export all Personal Info and Settings (not files) for when they have to replace a MyGig unit or you trade vehicles.
The "destination only" approach reduces the legal exposure to most Copy Protection concerns. (as well as making the software a little less complex)

Old 06-09-2009, 05:28 PM
klenbore

Any one know of a way to record from satellite radio to the HDD? Nothing in the manual addresses this.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:32 PM
bigt204
Amateur

ive found that when im listenin to songs off the hdd that a couple of the mp3s dont play, it just skips them. has anyone else had this prob?

Old 07-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Longball

Any music purchased through iTunes needs to be converted to play on the the HDD. They are all mp4 and many have digital rights that prevent them from playing on other devices. I had to go through and convert every song I had in iTunes before uploading it to HDD. I also purchased a converter program (I would stay away from the freebies due to spyware issues too) and then burned them all to a data DVD. Make sure they are organized into the playlists you want before burning them, because that is the way they will upload onto the HDD. The whole process took me a considerable amount of time, but I love it. I just wish there was a way to change the playlists once songs were on the HDD. I have had success uploading from both discs and USB, after I figured out that I had to convert the iTunes files. Good luck and be patient if you have a large music library.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Blazemate

Is there any way to remove just a few songs from the radio without having to delete all the songs?

Old 08-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Longball

You should be able to hit the Menu hard key, then select My Files, My music, My Playlists. All your playlists should be displayed at this point. You want to Edit the playlist that the songs you want to delete are in, and one of the options should be Delete Songs From This Playlist, where you can select what you want to get rid of and what you want to keep. It should be more straightforward in my opinioin, but at least you can do it. That is my biggest comlaint with the HDD. There isn't an easy way to manage/organize the files on it.

Quick Reply: Transferring music to the HDD