4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question To All Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 11:02 PM
MOPWR2U
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have kids get the rear seat satelite TV / DVD player. I used to think they were kind of a gimmick, but after a few long towing trips with quiet well behaved kids in the back seat the whole way, I have decided that that option is worth its weight in gold.

MOPWR2U

Old 06-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Secret Agent Man
Captain

Just out of curiosity, what was wrong with your 2008 truck?

I've never owned a 3rd gen but spent a LOT of time in them. They were good trucks, but night and day compared to the 09. I upgraded from a grand cherokee limited to the 09 Laramie crew cab. I have 0 regrets. It rides just as smooth as the grand did and the newly upgraded Hemi has more power than I could have asked for. The MPG's are the icing on the cake as I get darn near the same mileage as I got in my 6 cylinder Jeep. Anyway, you should be very happy with the 09. Depending on how you use it should determine what options you want to go after.

Last edited by Secret Agent Man; 06-19-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:25 AM
dhopkins
Amateur

Thank you for everyone's responses, it seems like I should be very happy with the trade once I get it.
And the issue that I was having with the 08 was the "On-Demand" 4wd system in the 08 is a peice from what I hear. Mine went out and completely disengauged the 4wd while I was driving in about 4 inches of snow which made for a fun drive home and then when i went to take it to the dealer the next day it would not start. So they replaced the TIPM and actuator and sent it out the door. This fixed the issue until about 2 weeks later I went to use 4wd low which then the truck locked in low and would not come out. The dealer has had the truck since that time trying to fix the issue while working with STAR and they have changed everything except for the transfer case and the main computer. They have changed the instrument cluster even. And still not change it will work about 10 or 15 times and then it locks.

Question about the manual shift mode, is it like a actual manual in the fact that it locks into the gear that you select or does it only limit the transmission from shifting higher than the gear that you select?

Old 06-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Hop
Professional

I had my '07.5 bought back last month. It took about 18 weeks to get everything done from the time I called customer service. I got the run around from one of the area managers and ended up getting another after 12 weeks that did me good. I had to order the truck I wanted as I couldn't find one on the lot the way I wanted. I ended up having to pay the milage on my old truck $.15 for bad miles, $.30 for good. Heck of a better deal than trying to trade it in.
As for the new truck, Living in the south the cooled seats are a must have! I got my sport loaded with everything other than the sunroof, rear seat TV and Wifi.
Good luck!
--Hop

Quick Reply: Question To All Owners