4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

iPod Integration Cable

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 12:55 AM
briang
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by MattsMountain
For my own sanity .. I have an 09 Ram Laramie, loaded - RER system, etc. I ordered part number 82211853. Took apart the dash, the works ... unplugged the cables from the radio, plugged them in to the new cable and then the new cable in to the head unit. The radio was black, wouldn't even turn on. Zippy!! From my perspective it couldn't be any more straight forward of an install, but when nothing happens, I always question me first, before the part. I plugged my original wire back in to test it ... that works fine ... re-hooked up the new cable and again, nothing. Needless to say, I'm sending that cable back (appeared that it may have been used) and hoping it's just a bad cable.

It really is just plug and play right?! I am using the correct part number right?? Or am I supposed to be using #82212001??? Any thoughts where I could have gone wrong or anyone care to confirm that it's just a bad part???

Thanks!!
the correct part number is 82211853. dodge or whoever makes their radios was nice enough to change the cable between 2009 and 2010. has anyone else noticed how many changes between 2009 and now? i understand makeing the product better but with the type and number of changes i can't help but thing the 2009 came out half baked

Quick Reply: iPod Integration Cable