4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Finally - Tundra down!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009 | 12:02 AM
HEMI_ROM
|
Captain

Originally Posted by 1954Radio
And you have a disadvantage with your 4 wheel drive because of the weight, good kill! I'm much lighter with my 2 wheel drive SWB, and I've been loving smoking all takers so far. Haven't ran any Rams yet, but I'm not interested in beating up on my bros, lol. And I wouldn't waste my time racing a Vette, Viper, Camaro, or Challenger, it's a truck, not a hotrod or a race car. It's a blessing for a truck to run in the 14's as it is, when you all get reflashed, you'll freak at the new power you didn't know you had. I can't wait to send my PCM off to get reflashed, I just have to decide on a cam install or not, and raise the money. I'm not waiting much longer for Diablo to tweak one for the Ram. They've done it for the 09 Charger and Challenger, but seem to be having issues with the Ram for some reason. And guys, we are not only detuned at shift points, but detuned above certain rpms as well, read your manuals. I doubt any of us would see even 350 hp on the dyno until a reflash
And just like you, my other truck is an airplane though my VNE is 70 knots.

Old 06-25-2009 | 12:53 AM
lross78550
Professional

So 1954Radio and Hemi_Rom are both pilots . although im not sure what kind of plane has a 70 knot VNE that gives "caution wake turbulence" a whole new meaning. I went flying last weekend and it was an average south texas day winds 150 @ 24 gusting to 32 Knots. What do you fly 1954Radio and Hemi_Rom, here is my baby
www.cngmail.com/dakota.html

Lee

Old 06-25-2009 | 12:58 AM
BIGGS000
Rookie

Well, I know nothing about planes and granted that this is a Dodge forum...but I just had to comment that your plane is beauty, Lee.

Old 06-25-2009 | 05:00 AM
1954Radio
Captain

That's a beauty of a plane Iross, but no I'm not a pilot and do not own that plane. That is WW11 T-6 Texan, an old dual control fighter trainer I flew with a pilot trainer in the back seat. I Fly dogfights and aerobatics with North American Top Gun and Combat USA when I can afford it, sometimes once a year. USA Combat has an Italian Marchetti for dogfighting and a bad *** Biplane for extreme aerobatics. You actually go up against real fighter pilots at USA, and wear suits. I'm sure you know what the hook maneuver is, I'm doing the hook most all through my flights to bare the G's because I'm always in them, lol. After about an hour of flying you feel like you ran a marathon, it wears you out, but I love it more than any sport in the world. I fly pretty good, and I also fly an online WW11 flight simulator PC game called IL-2 Sturmovik 1946. There are up to 25 players per team dogfighting each other and it's all on acurate missions and maps of WW11. We play with hundreds of people all across the continent and talk through Teamspeak, Hyperlobby, Ventrillo and Xfire while in game, it's a blast.ps, my nick is RadioFlyer on the PC games

Last edited by 1954Radio; 06-25-2009 at 05:08 AM.
Old 06-25-2009 | 10:27 AM
HEMI_ROM
|
Captain

Originally Posted by lross78550
So 1954Radio and Hemi_Rom are both pilots . although im not sure what kind of plane has a 70 knot VNE that gives "caution wake turbulence" a whole new meaning. I went flying last weekend and it was an average south texas day winds 150 @ 24 gusting to 32 Knots. What do you fly 1954Radio and Hemi_Rom, here is my baby
www.cngmail.com/dakota.html

Lee
Wow what a fantastic clean Piper! Mine is nothing so nice as yours, its a FFP-202 (Piper J3 clone), still building:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ffphom...43318/pic/list

Just to keep this thread relavent, there is a pic of my 78 Power wagon holding up one of my wings in there Its all stick n Rudder taildragger, maybe 103 legal depending on my powerplant choice. Fuse on gear, both wings done, have all avionics - 1100 hours build time so far. Maybe done next year it will fly. I have some stick time in J3's and C-150's.

Old 06-25-2009 | 11:35 AM
jdustu
Veteran

Anyone dig the Piper Warrior? My uncle had one, and I was commissioned to make this for him for a Christmas gift.

More pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/browndo...7612059945891/

I was at a performance shop's open house last weekend, and really wanted to do the dyno pull. My truck had a leaky rear pinion seal though that got fixed Monday, I didn't want to risk it before then!

Old 06-25-2009 | 11:38 AM
TooFast007
Default Also Fly

Nice panel in that super nice Piper, Lee.

I used to fly C150s,172s,180s,182s an old recip chopper (Hughes?) like in Whirly Birds, J3 on floats! and Cherokee sixes but after moving to the Rocky Mtns I got into dirt bikes and spent all my $ since riding offroad in the western states. Pretty much takes a complex aircraft to handle the Colorado Mtns comfortably.

Old 06-25-2009 | 04:39 PM
lross78550
Professional

thanks to everyone for the very nice comments about my baby. Thanks to OP for letting me hijack his post sorry. Hemi_Rom i got my taildragger endorsement in a pa-12 and it was the most fun i have ever had flying a plane. Your gona love your J-3, If i didnt have a wife and kids to cart arround i think i would probably trade the dakota for a tandem seat piper taildragger. Do you solo yours from the front or rear seat? I cant fly from the rear seat, when you turn final the runway disappears and i cant land without a clear view of the runway im a big chicken. Yea i know slip it in, but i get too scared. I do fine from the front seat though.
Lee

Old 06-26-2009 | 05:45 AM
1954Radio
Captain

You guys are so lucky to be be able to fly at will, and yes sry for getting off topic

Old 06-26-2009 | 05:40 PM
v8440
Professional

You can be pretty damn sure the 09's are making every bit of their rated 390 and probably a bit more. The trap speeds vs weight these things produce pretty much proves that.

As most everyone knows, the current hp rating system is at the flywheel, with all accessories installed, through the production exhaust system. I don't think the a/c has to necessarily be running, but it's not an engine with dyno headers and no belt on the accessories or anything like that.

Anyone who doesn't think their hemi is making rated power can try a 5.4 ford for fun. That'll bring a screaming halt to that noise with a quickness.

Quick Reply: Finally - Tundra down!