4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mygig upgrade & Sirius Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009 | 10:06 PM
depunz
|
Professional
Default Free transfer?

Was the subscription you transfered the free 1 year that came with your truck or one you had paid for. I called and tried to transfer my free subscription to my new radio & the guy at Sirius said that he couldn't transfer the Free 1 year to the new radio. It was only good for the original radio. Kinda sux as I have 8 months free left. Anyone else able to transfer there free subscription?
Thanks
Sean

Originally Posted by lross78550
In answer to the original question, yes i did transfer my subscription from my old truck to my (not factory installed) RER head unit. I couldnt find the receiver ID # either, i was shocked however to find that the guy as sirius ask what year, model car i had then ask what model number radio (RER) after that he was able to tell me exactly what buttons to push to pull up the receiver ID#. I would tell you but i was driving at the time and i really didnt pay much attention, i just pushed the buttons and about 3 mins later i was done.
hope this helps
Lee

Old 06-27-2009 | 12:50 AM
lross78550
Professional

No im sorry i have been a paying subscriber for 2.5 years, they did however transfer the free 1 year of traffic service which i think is a seperate monthly charge. Im not sure about that though since i dont live in a major metro area that even has traffic updates I know it works because i took a trip to houston about 2 weeks ago (after transfer). Man houston has a **** load of traffic accidents.
Lee

Old 06-27-2009 | 08:52 AM
depunz
|
Professional
Default Yea!

I'll call one more time and see if I can get a different csa that will let me transfer. If not I've got a home subscription that I rarely use the radio, I'll transfer the 6 months I already paid for. You don't relize how much you miss it 'til you don't have it!!

Old 06-29-2009 | 01:52 AM
hemistyle
Professional

Well my newly ebay bought RER Sirius subscription expired. So today I call Sirius to have them to swap the rest of my 1 year free subscription to the new RER. The woman from a 3rd world country only gave me 1 free month. My fault. I told her that I upgraded my radio. Wrong thing to say. After I was done with her she transfer my to an American to deactivate my RES. I told him about my last conversation. He told me in so many words that if I would have said that my RES was defective I would have my 1 year free subscription reinstated. Damn. He did give me 3 free months…

Old 06-29-2009 | 03:50 AM
renos09
Veteran

I purchased a factory nav unit and installed it today and was able to transfer the 1 yr subscription which I paid for and the 1 yr pre paid which came with the truck. You have to give them the radios id number which is 12 digits long and starts with 0 it is accessible through the nav screen in satellite mode then go to system info. Otherwise you would have to go to the dealer for them to retrieve the id through there scan gauge. Worst case scenario cancel your paid subscription and they will mail you a refund for the months not used but it should not be a problem. Sal

Old 07-08-2009 | 08:10 AM
depunz
|
Professional
Default Update.

Well I tried HemiStyle's idea of the old radio went bad, got new, could I transfer free subscription?
CSA: "Did you talk to your dealer?"
Me: "No"
CSA: "Your dealer must authorize the transfer."

So I went ahead and got a new year for $100. I've got a buddy in service and will talk to him. I need to take my truck in anyway, my right rear window has a bad seal. I've had it replaced once already. The window catches it on the way up and goes up outside the seal.

Anyway, I really like the MyGig. Just need to get the Lockpick or NAV-TV for it.

Sean

Quick Reply: Mygig upgrade & Sirius Question