4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Entered a car show this Sat... last minute mod ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Ryan Albert
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just noticed... Are your fog lights tinted? How did you do it if so?

Old 07-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah the fogs are tinted.. they were done when i go the custom tint created for the side windows and windshied visor

i believe they are just tinted with the same things they tint the windows with.. but they look factory.. Erick at Xtreme Tint in whittier, ca (google him.. he is famous in the custom truck scene) took the fogs out and cut them clean.. so now they are back installed you would think they came like that stock.

they did cut down on light output though..

but driving in Los Angeles i hardly need the fogs anyway.. plus now the HIDs make them irrelevant anyway...

Last edited by Doc Fluty; 07-09-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Ryan Albert
Veteran

Looks awesome dude, I may end up doing that....

Old 07-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Brummo
Captain

You should swap me those rims and tires for my factory 20's. you should really have it stock for a show.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Doc Fluty
Banned

yeah ryan that would prolly look great on your anti-bling truck lol

Old 07-10-2009, 01:10 PM
jdcovert
Veteran

Doc... you're truck looks good man. Whats the hood bulge decal say?? I can't see it well enough...

I think a hard color match tonneau cover would be a good addition.... maybe a Dukes of Hazzard horn too :-P hahaha

Old 07-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

jd... the hood stripe has my company name on it. BootCamp4Me

I tried to respond to your PM but you have PMs blocked..

heres a closer look at the stripe and the custom tint i had made for my back side windows..

Also i already had a bed cover and bed rug out back so thats not an option...

Old 07-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Ryan Albert
Veteran

So what is this company you have? Like a workout (boot camp style) for people?

Old 07-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

well...

we do counseling to people going into the service. Mostly about programs that they will be eligible for that they should take advantage of while enlisted. Things like adoption, deployment assistance, family crisis and educational benefits are readily available to service men and woman if they take advantage of the programs.

I hate when people get out and they don't have an education/skill or whatever... just wasted a lot of their time in. they are just out.. now they look around and complain about how the military was and that they got screwed by this or that... Usually it was their lack or preparation on going into the military that screws them up

Also yes we do fitness programs in the morning for recruits headed in... the goal is to build confidence.. that way when they get there they say to themselves "i got this'... so when they go to training they say "i got this"... so when they are in Iraq they say "I got this"

Theres more to it.. but those are the main services that people are interested in

we have a website... but its being redone.. it will include blogs for people to write so thier family members can keep up with them. Also fitness programs and hundreds of links... even a forum like this one!

check out the new site and let me know what you think

www.bootcamp4me.com/cms

Last edited by Doc Fluty; 07-10-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:54 PM
jdcovert
Veteran

Originally Posted by Doc Fluty
well...

we do counseling to people going into the service. Mostly about programs that they will be eligible for that they should take advantage of while enlisted. Things like adoption, deployment assistance, family crisis and educational benefits are readily available to service men and woman if they take advantage of the programs.

I hate when people get out and they don't have an education/skill or whatever... just wasted a lot of their time in. they are just out.. now they look around and complain about how the military was and that they got screwed by this or that... Usually it was their lack or preparation on going into the military that screws them up

Also yes we do fitness programs in the morning for recruits headed in... the goal is to build confidence.. that way when they get there they say to themselves "i got this'... so when they go to training they say "i got this"... so when they are in Iraq they say "I got this"

Theres more to it.. but those are the main services that people are interested in

we have a website...

check out the new site and let me know what you think

www.bootcamp4me.com/cms
Doc thats a great thing you've got going! Sir, I give you props!

Sometimes the military leaves gaps in the support they give their soldiers... my girl's a 1st Lieutenant for the Army over in Afghanistan, and I hear a thing or two so I know what you mean about when the newbies get over there and have a hard time coping...

Oh by the way, your website is very eye catching.. nice layout.

Quick Reply: Entered a car show this Sat... last minute mod ideas?