4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

So who else has broken the plastic piece off the top of their tailgate?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 12:11 AM
txaaron
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, this is easily the worst P.O.S. part on this great truck. Broke on like day 2 for me. Think im gonna use the spray on bedliner and go over the little lip that everything catches on, once it gets replaced of course..haha Has anyone done this?

Old 07-20-2009, 11:03 AM
KeepOnTruckin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine broke and flew off early too; dealer replaced it, no questions asked after I told them the RR #. But the "new" plastic cover fit just as poorly as the lost one. I asked the service manager to have a technicial insert metal screws and oversized washers to hold the cover in place but they won't comply. A song and dance about not wanting to take liability. So I managed to keep my mitts off it ('cause it's very unstable) and when they dropped in a bed liner, it fits over the inside lip and holds it down fairly well.
It is a piece of crap. Very bad design, perfectly made to catch anything the drop off. Double sided tape is worthless, don't waste yer time.

Quick Reply: So who else has broken the plastic piece off the top of their tailgate?