4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tonneau cover question?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Aspenrt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tonneau cover question?

Another new guy here. Purchased a 09 bright silver crew cab 1500. Now I'm looking for a weather tight, lockable Tonneau cover, not a hard cover.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Aspenrt

Old 07-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Silver Shark
Rookie

Well I just installed the Access Vanish cover yesterday and I really like the low profile look and the thing was a snap to install. I got it at Auto Anything for $350 with free shipping and no tax. I don't think it will be completely weather tight but you can order the seal kit for the cab and tailgate. From what I have seen the covers do a great job if you are going down the road in the rain but if left parked over night some water will seep in. It is lockable and with our tailgate lock you would have to cut the cover to get in.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:58 PM
topgun
Captain

I don't care for the flat covers. Had one on the last truck and when it snowed, the cover bowed down and then you end up with big puddles sitting on there.

Got a Trifecta on this one. Don't like it either as the sides bow out where the cover folds. Worse when the temps go up outside as the material expands. If I had it to do over, would probably go with the Full Tilt.

None that I have owned leaked even without a tailgate seal. There is enough overlap of the gate that water does not come in unless you take a high pressure hose and blast the seam. In everyday driving, it stays dry.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:17 PM
kddsRam
Veteran

just installed an extang revolution over weekend. perfect fit, a bit different setup from the extang Rt's I had on the F150's with the no velcro or snaps, this thing is spring loaded for self tightening when you close it. No leaks during yesterdays down pour, seems to seal better. paid 413 from truckaddons and came with tailgate seal and some cleaner stuff. Not using the seal in case it does leak so it will at least drain. Nice low profile setup.

Quick Reply: Tonneau cover question?