4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Amp for the Standard Radio no Mygig

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 11:33 PM
SSG_HEMI
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Amp for the Standard Radio no Mygig

I have the Standard Sat radio with six speakers. I wanted to know if anyone knew of a way to add a 4 channel amp without having to splice into the factory harness. I have seen some nice adapters for the REN and RER radios that include amp power on and four RCA outs but I haven't been able to find one for my radio. I want to get the REN but I will have to wait awhile. How does everyone like the MYGIG system? Is it better than using an Ipod in the Aux postion?

Old 08-08-2009, 12:18 AM
72combo
Champion

I just bought a my gig on ebay for 250 bucks. has satellite, don'tknow if any time left on it but the radio is only a few months old but it was replaced at the dealer with a nav system so them sirius might have transfered the time. Why don't you just add the kicker amp and speaker upgrade with the sub woofer, we had it in our charger sounded great. Lots of oomph, i find the factory RES okay I am thinking maybe I should just sell this REN for more than I paid and buy the unconnect like what I wanted in the first place but could not resist this price.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:45 PM
SSG_HEMI

I may be wrong but the Mopar catalog says I can only get a 184 watt 4 channel amp. I was looking for something a little better than that. They also want too much money for the items. I can put 4 Infinity refrence Component speakers in for about the same price as the kicker speakers. I don't know much about the Kicker brand but the component speakers will be much better than coaxil speakers. I will end up paying a little extra to add the infinity dash speakers but whats 50 bucks when I get an overall better system. I want the Mygig radio but I can't afford one yet. Ebay still scares me and I can't find a radio that actually works with the 09 trucks. They all say 06-08 with premium system. I don't have an 08 nor a premium system. The only one I can find is at Mopar for almost 900. The other question is does my current Sirus antenna work with a new radio or do I have to get a new antenna?

Old 08-09-2009, 12:29 AM
2009detonateryellow
Amateur

This is what I used and it plugs right into RES REN RER. It will give you 4channel line level outs. I also added a pair of Boston 10" subs under the rear seats. If you want to use outboard amps the PAC AOEM-CHR3 is a great affordable option. I called PAC direct to get the correct part number. The AOEM-CHR3 is the correct part for NON Infinity systems contrary to what Sonixelectronics website may state.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...mpaign=froogle

Last edited by 2009detonateryellow; 08-09-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:21 AM
SSG_HEMI

2009Detonateryellow,
Thanks for all the info. I will get that part then. I had seen you post this several times but everytime I looked it up it said it would work with my truck. Thanks so much.

I also had a question for anyone who might know. Can you make a 4 channel a 5 channel using a RCA duplicator? making one a two. I don't plan on adding a sub but would like to know if I can later. If not will getting a 5 channel amp now and adding a crossover later be the best choice?

James

Old 08-09-2009, 07:53 AM
2009detonateryellow
Amateur

Crew cab or Quad? If you have a crew cab there is plenty of room for amplifiers. I used a seperate Audiocontrol crossover. Several crossovers will have subwoofers out so you could add a sub later. You could get a 5 channel amp. either way. I used a crossover from a system I had sitting on the shelf. Just my preference. If you have any questions on the Aoem-CHR3 call PAC (Pacific Interface Inc) in California.

Last edited by 2009detonateryellow; 08-09-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:31 PM
SSG_HEMI

2009Detonateryellow,
It is a quad cab. Thanks for the info. I think I need to decide what I want. I think for now it is just speakers and a 4 channel amp.

Quick Reply: Amp for the Standard Radio no Mygig