4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Difference between Quad Cab and Crew Cab

Old 08-15-2009, 01:00 PM
09 Ram TRX 4 Lover
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference between Quad Cab and Crew Cab

Hey everyone Learned a lesson today about ordering correct parts for truck today. Ordered window guards from stylin concepts.com and orderer what my window sticker said my truck was a Crew Cab. Well I knew better cause it has the small doors so it should list as a Quad Cab. Anyways got the widow guards and the rear door guards are to long. The sticker for the window guards say crew cab just like my window sticker says. Called the company and they said no I have the Quad Cab. Wonder if I should go back to the dealership and ask what the heck. Am I wrong or is the parts place wrong? Cause now actually I'm really confused!!! I do know I have four doors and the rear door's are smaller this I do know LOL.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:37 PM
HemiRAMV8
Professional

Does the VIN on the sticker match the real VIN of the truck?

It's my understanding that the stickers are put on as the truck comes off the line, and is tied into the manufacturing process. So if the truck is supposed to have, say, a sunroof, and you ordered it deleted, it shows on the sticker, or if you added say a different rear end, it would be on the sticker.

In essence, there's NO WAY this should be wrong, especially with something as basic as a body style. We're not talking interchangeable radios or wheels here.

Maybe it was not the window sticker, but the computer build record of the VIN, and I believe that can be altered after the fact, to accommodate such things as dealer-fit accessories. Then again, show me a dealer who can make a QC into a CC!

Old 08-15-2009, 02:45 PM
ArcticWolf
Professional

Heres a better question. What truck did you pay for, a quad cab or crew cab? As for what HemiRamV8 said about the sticker being applied at the factory, I don't believe thats true as when my truck arrivied at my dealer I was there to see it off loaded, and it didn't have a sticker on the window. I believe the sticker is applied at the dealer so that way the don't get torn or blown off when shipped. I would do what he said and check the vin #'s to see if they match. If they don't I would go back to the dealer and ask what going on.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:12 PM
topgun
Captain

Originally Posted by HemiRAMV8
Does the VIN on the sticker match the real VIN of the truck?

It's my understanding that the stickers are put on as the truck comes off the line, and is tied into the manufacturing process. So if the truck is supposed to have, say, a sunroof, and you ordered it deleted, it shows on the sticker, or if you added say a different rear end, it would be on the sticker.

In essence, there's NO WAY this should be wrong, especially with something as basic as a body style. We're not talking interchangeable radios or wheels here.
I'd check the VIN, double check what you are reading on the sticker. Have never seen anything like this. The Crew is $2000+ more so you should of noticed that.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:27 PM
plumcrazy73
Captain

Crew Cabs have a storage bin in the floors behind the front seats. Quads do not.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:42 PM
jhedger
Veteran

Crews have a 5'7" bed quads are longer, mine's a crew

Old 08-15-2009, 06:58 PM
09 Ram TRX 4 Lover
Professional

Hey never mind Quess I need glasses or hooked on phonics so i can read right. Man I feel like a BIG JACK A** now. Sorry!!

Old 08-15-2009, 07:19 PM
topgun
Captain

Hey, it happens to everyone once in a while.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:20 PM
devile
Professional

Nice to see the hamster found his way back to the wheel lol....

Old 08-15-2009, 07:58 PM
72combo
Champion

I was gonna say there is substanstially more room in the back of a crew then a quad. My kid used to ride in a friends quad he said the back of our new crew his knees don't touch the seat and hi is 6 ft with monstrous feet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Difference between Quad Cab and Crew Cab