4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Big Horn with odd HEMI badge?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:34 PM
b40huckers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Horn with odd HEMI badge?

My Big Horn is badged like all the others I have seen with the exception of the HEMI badge on the front quarters...mine just has HEMI where other have 5.7 liter below. Anyone else have this? Went to the dealer and all models on the lot have the 5.7 versions.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:55 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was at the dealer tuesday getting my truck serviced I saw an SLT that was identical to mine except for the different looking Hemi badges on the quarters. Must be using what ever they have laying around.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:18 PM
bigred3297
Record Breaker

i think there are 3 different versions of the hemi badge that have been covered on this forum, congrats on having a limited edition

Old 08-20-2009, 09:35 PM
dubfunkstar

I heard from the dealership when I got mine that Dodge has been screwing up in that department..Laramie's labeled as Big Horns...

Old 08-20-2009, 10:25 PM
War Horse
All Star

There are two versions of the badge. One is a two line and says "HEMI 5.7 Liter" while the other is a single line and has just the word "HEMI." There's also a color difference. The two line badge has black in the word HEMI, while the single like badge is just all chrome.

The single line, all chrome HEMI is the newer of the two, and started showing up on trucks around late March/early April.

There's been no official acknowledgment of the different badges, so we can only speculate why the change occurred. I think the prevailing rumor is that Dodge did it so that when they start putting the 6.1 Liter engines in the RAM, they'll just have a single badge for both engines, instead of two.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:26 PM
b40huckers

Originally Posted by dubfunkstar
I heard from the dealership when I got mine that Dodge has been screwing up in that department..Laramie's labeled as Big Horns...
yeah mine looks just like yours except for badges.

ha ha bigred, special for sure.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:29 PM
b40huckers

Originally Posted by War Horse
There are two versions of the badge. One is a two line and says "HEMI 5.7 Liter" while the other is a single line and has just the word "HEMI." There's also a color difference. The two line badge has black in the word HEMI, while the single like badge is just all chrome.

The single line, all chrome HEMI is the newer of the two, and started showing up on trucks around late March/early April.

There's been no official acknowledgment of the different badges, so we can only speculate why the change occurred. I think the prevailing rumor is that Dodge did it so that when they start putting the 6.1 Liter engines in the RAM, they'll just have a single badge for both engines, instead of two.
yeah that makes sense...I am not complaining as I do like the look of it.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:21 PM
bigred3297
Record Breaker

i like the look of the new ones more anyway, i like what Lance did with them

Old 08-21-2009, 12:42 PM
War Horse
All Star

The new ones do look great. However, the solid chrome tends to get washed out on the white and silver trucks.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:56 PM
09 Ram TRX 4 Lover
Professional

Originally Posted by War Horse

Yes i agree with you. Was at dearlship today and saw a mixture of badges. They had two R/T's with the newer badge's looks better I think.

Quick Reply: Big Horn with odd HEMI badge?