4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Excessive use of washer fluid

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 03:17 PM
DavGav
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So after more dicking around, the thing is finally fixed. Although 3 weeks ago they said I needed a new washer pump the service manager determined sight unseen that it was just a new grommet to fix it. That was last Saturday, so they cancelled the part request. Guess what, took it in and they said "oh gee it really needs a new washer pump" I almost lost it . So today I went in and they put in the new pump. I am glad that saga is over, as I was leaving the salesman i dealt with when I purchased came over to talk. i told him i wasnt impressed with the service department, he said he wasnt too surprised to hear that. he is going to have the owner call me. I think i'll be going the extra 30 km to a different dealer for any other maintenance.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:12 PM
zuiquan1
Professional

I refuse to go to the dealership in my town, I have found they dont know jck about the 4th gens. I've gone in there countless times asking questions about parts, and maintenance and what not only t either be lied to, or be given false information. Ive stopped going there entirely, I rely on the dealership in the next town over for maintenance now. There service department seems to have a little bit more of a grasp as to whats actually going on with our trucks.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:11 PM
SilverRAMNJ

Finally got to the bottom of this. Seems the pump had a bad seal in it, so they ordered me a new one. the new pump was on back order for 4 weeks, so clearly we are not the only ones with this issue. They installed the new pump about a week ago. Might be too soon to tell but my washer level looks to be stable

Quick Reply: Excessive use of washer fluid