4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

35's leveling kit pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 10:54 PM
cwoposey
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Level kit with no rubbing

Originally Posted by TZM
yeah at full turn there is rubbing

I had the RC level kit installed today with 20x9 xd addict wheels with 285/65R20 Goodyear MTR's w/ kevlar. They look great and do not rub at all. I am not sure how to hang pictures.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:17 AM
Monsoon

Originally Posted by cwoposey

I had the RC level kit installed today with 20x9 xd addict wheels with 285/65R20 Goodyear MTR's w/ kevlar. They look great and do not rub at all. I am not sure how to hang pictures.
Just hit the "Insert Image" button - 5 from the right above this text box. It'll prompt you for the location of the file. hit browse and put the filepath and it's done. There are ways to use Imageshack or photobucket to input pictures as well. But it's a little more difficult than what I mentioned.

Please put some pics up. Can't wait to see it.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:24 PM
cwoposey
Amateur

Here it is, I ended up copy and pasting it!

Old 08-30-2009, 09:42 PM
cwoposey
Amateur

I measured today. The difference from stock for the level kit and tires is 2 inches from the ground to the center of the rear wheel well, and 4 inches from the ground the the center of the fromt wheel well.

BTW the MTR's with Kevlar howl at highway speeds.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:31 PM
MOPWR2U
Veteran

Dang that truck looks familiar. Must be a clone, LOL.
Name:  DSC01192.jpg
Views: 2211
Size:  158.2 KB

Old 09-07-2009, 06:24 AM
stvsherrod
Professional

tire sizes vary. the 285/65R20 is a 35/11.22 inch tire. that may be why he has no rubbing. if you want to know for sure of your tire size then just google tire calculator. i use this one. http://www.dakota-truck.net/TIRECALC/tirecalc.html it lets you compare tire sizes and gives you the differance. will even tell you how far off your spedo is going to be is you swap tires. cwoposey, nice truck. how do you like those tires? how much did you end up paying for them if you don't mind me asking.. i have been doing alot of shopping around lately. found some pretty good sites that offer free shipping on some of their tires. was thinking you might get them cheaper locally.? was looking at the MT/R's /Kevlar or the Dick Cepek Radial F-C II. If anyone else has the RC 2 1/2" and 3/4" lift would you post up what you think of it? Oh yeah, here is mine. Still stock for now.

Attached Thumbnails 35's leveling kit pics-1746-02-.jpg   35's leveling kit pics-1746-03-.jpg   35's leveling kit pics-1747-00-.jpg  
Old 09-07-2009, 09:32 PM
cwoposey
Amateur
Default Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar

Originally Posted by stvsherrod
tire sizes vary. the 285/65R20 is a 35/11.22 inch tire. that may be why he has no rubbing. if you want to know for sure of your tire size then just google tire calculator. i use this one. http://www.dakota-truck.net/TIRECALC/tirecalc.html it lets you compare tire sizes and gives you the differance. will even tell you how far off your spedo is going to be is you swap tires. cwoposey, nice truck. how do you like those tires? how much did you end up paying for them if you don't mind me asking.. i have been doing alot of shopping around lately. found some pretty good sites that offer free shipping on some of their tires. was thinking you might get them cheaper locally.? was looking at the MT/R's /Kevlar or the Dick Cepek Radial F-C II. If anyone else has the RC 2 1/2" and 3/4" lift would you post up what you think of it? Oh yeah, here is mine. Still stock for now.
I picked them up at the local goodyear shop for 329 a piece. The total after taxs and disposal fee was around 1450. I had the tires installed at the dealer when I had them install the level kit. BTW they (the dealer) did a horrible job balancing them. Five days later I went to the goodyear shop where I bought the tires and they hooked me up with the lifetime balance warranty. The tires do howl a little on the highway but not bad for such an aggresive tread pattern. I would recommend them because they look great. If you cant stand the "howl", go with BFG KO's. I have them on my yukon and they are fairly quiet.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:02 PM
stvsherrod
Professional

good price.. if i can find that price online then i'm ordering them.. only found them at $362 right now. i don't mind the road noise.. it's a 4x4! i am going to install the lift myself so that's less i will have to pay for.

Last edited by stvsherrod; 09-07-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: cause i can't spell

Quick Reply: 35's leveling kit pics