4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Selling Wheels? (Mine were stolen)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 03:51 PM
War Horse
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn dude, that sucks. So, is your insurance going to give you cash to replace the rims & tires, or are they buying everything? If they're giving you cash, then it'd be the perfect opportunity to upgrade to a nice set of 22" or 24"s.

There are several (three I think) levels to the Lone Star and Big Horn packages. Depending on what package the dealer put on, the LS/BH trucks come with either the 20" aluminum wheels from the SLT, or the 20" chrome clad Sport wheels. Oh, and to add to the confusion of the packages, like Bubba said, in most other states the packages are all Big Horn, but here in Texas the 4x2 trucks are Lone Star, and the 4x4 trucks are Big Horn.

Down here we had a rash of wheel thefts. The thing that set these apart though was the guys doing it would come by a few days before, and leave a pile of cinder blocks out by the driveway or somewhere along the curb. Then, a day or so later, they'd come back in the middle of the night and use those blocks.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:53 PM
War Horse
All Star

Originally Posted by tombogue09
Guess I need to install the locking bolts that came with the truck. These 20s go pretty good on ebay so be careful.
Mine came with the lock already on, but I've been meaning to change the factory lock out. Of course I don't want to just go down to the local Autozone and grab a set, since I'm sure good thiefs would surely have a variety from the parts stores.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Zbach7
Amateur

i would install some motion sensor lights above garage doors and around house. Maybe would have spooked them away, or given them better lighting to do it faster. That really sucks though.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:51 PM
DKCSAR

Not to make light of your situation, but I wish someone would steal my plastic rims and cheapo stock goodyears...

Old 08-25-2009, 07:18 PM
c0mf0rt
Captain

Sorry man.... I'd be PISSED

Old 08-25-2009, 07:20 PM
sking
Veteran

Factory wheels and tire's are high dollar. I would ask your insurance what the are going to pay. If you can find wheels and tire's that you like better and they cost less, I bet your insurance company would be glad to buy them for less.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:34 PM
09 Ram TRX 4 Lover
Professional

Dude I am so sorry. It sucks in todays world you can't even keep your vehicle in your own yard without some a-- hole stealing your stuff makes me sick. Again sorry.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

if you want new tires.. get the bridstone revos

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ler+A%2FT+Revo

and makes sure someone looks at your brakes... something is prolly bent sitting on your rotors for however many hours... linkage, joints... who knows...

Old 08-25-2009, 08:20 PM
lynchmob
Rookie

I am having the shop look at everything suspension-wise. The tow truck dude just wedged his flat bed between the rotors and blocks and winched it on off my jack... did more damage than the damn thieves (bumper and probably more). Not a good day at all.

Going to get a motion sensor flood.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:44 PM
ran jr
Veteran

Originally Posted by DKCSAR
Not to make light of your situation, but I wish someone would steal my plastic rims and cheapo stock goodyears...
What's your address?

Quick Reply: Selling Wheels? (Mine were stolen)