4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Nav issue!!!! Please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 06:46 PM
GMONEY126
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav issue!!!! Please help

Hi,

I rarely use my Nav and typically have the screen set on disc or radio information. Anyway, today I had to actually use the Nav and noticed that the Map on the display was upside down. The screen was set to 3D mode and the arrow was pointing up but it the showed me going backwards (Due to the map being upside down).

I'm not sure if anyone has had this issue. I do have the lockpick installed and have had no real issues until now.

Please help if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!

Old 08-25-2009, 07:19 PM
c0mf0rt
Captain

Try driving to your destination backwards. This is a pretty simple fix. :-)

Old 08-25-2009, 08:31 PM
War Horse
All Star

That's odd if the entire map was upside down. It doesn't have anything to do with the North orientation does it? I have no idea what the option is called, but when it's turned on, the map has North always pointed up. So, if you're driving South, it'll look like the arrow is pointed down toward your floorboard/console. Some people like that option on, but I much prefer to have the direction I'm going toward the top.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Helevitia

Sounds like you need to calibrate it. Instructions came with your radio on how to do that.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:23 AM
GMONEY126
Rookie

Yea thanks for nothing everyone (except for Helevitia)! I entered the engineering menu on the mygig and debugged the nav. For those of you unaware of how to do this, hold down the Seek Up and Seek Down buttons while pressing (and holding down) menu.

Just becareful what you change in here cause i've read that any mistake could require a reflash.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:23 AM
War Horse
All Star

Well, I'm glad I spent the time typing my response out. In the future I'll save my fingers some work and some of my time by skipping your posts.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:47 PM
GMONEY126
Rookie

Originally Posted by War Horse
Well, I'm glad I spent the time typing my response out. In the future I'll save my fingers some work and some of my time by skipping your posts.

Sorry War Horse, I didn't mean you and it was just a joke. Your possible solution is when the map is in 2D mode, I mentioned I was in 3D mode however I do appreciate the effort.

I didn't know a guy with War Horse as his handle would be so sensitive, who knew?!

Quick Reply: Nav issue!!!! Please help