4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No Chrysler built Titan

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 04:24 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I think we are agreeing... Long day at work so far today, massive headache too... I read the part where you were saying you were running against two titans and walked away from them, which by all means you should be able to do because they are still running the old engine making the same power. So really that was not a race, since you have an upgraded truck (year/engine wise) compared to theirs which has been the same for a few years now, so you cant really compare the two, unless you are sure they were their 09' model, which I have not seen any around here.

If they ever get a better engine though they will be one to watch out for, as their drive trains are far more efficient than dodge's, which was the point I was trying to get accross. If you put, for example, the new Hemi in that truck and run it side by side with yours, the titan would probably pull away from you since they can get more power to the wheels than dodge can. (Hope that makes sense)

Old 08-27-2009, 11:16 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by truckin151
Okay, I think we are agreeing... Long day at work so far today, massive headache too... I read the part where you were saying you were running against two titans and walked away from them, which by all means you should be able to do because they are still running the old engine making the same power. So really that was not a race, since you have an upgraded truck (year/engine wise) compared to theirs which has been the same for a few years now, so you cant really compare the two, unless you are sure they were their 09' model, which I have not seen any around here.

If they ever get a better engine though they will be one to watch out for, as their drive trains are far more efficient than dodge's, which was the point I was trying to get accross. If you put, for example, the new Hemi in that truck and run it side by side with yours, the titan would probably pull away from you since they can get more power to the wheels than dodge can. (Hope that makes sense)
Yes that makes sense and I welcome the competition. Point taken. I would like to see Nissan do an engine upgrade on their own though. It just would be too weird if Dodge had to do it for them. I suspect Titan fans would prefer the same thing. Actually the first Titan I ran was in my 04 Hemi Ram from a roll, 15mph or so, he never got ahead of me but it was indeed fairly close to about 60 when we both ran out of room. The second Titan I did run in my 09 RCSB from a dead stop off a light and it was not so close, as you pointed out, it was no match for the upgraded Hemi. At any rate yes the Titan (and the Tundra) are quick trucks and I too am willing to give credit where credit is due. 10mg of meperidene and a beer and your headache WILL be gone

Old 08-27-2009, 11:39 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah, I did not want them to get the HEMI, they can make their own engine to compete, but when/if they do it will make things interesting. And Im way a head of you on the headache. Its more like a bad sinus cold than anything. I few sudafed, couple 500mg Tylenol, and a hot shower does wonders for it

Quick Reply: No Chrysler built Titan