4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No Chrysler built Titan

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 10:27 AM
HEMI_ROM
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Chrysler built Titan

http://www.newsday.com/chrysler-niss...ment-1.1397531

Fine by me, I never wanted to see any import (or anything other than a Chrysler) sporting a Hemi Badge. The Titan is aged now, wonder if they will kill it or finally come up with a modern design. Not a bad truck, but it could use a power boost considering todays competition.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Husker_Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad in my opinion. I was actually very curious as to what final product would look like and how much of Dodge carried over to the Titan.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:22 AM
j-rod82
Rookie

Well it was setup because Chrysler was going to help Nissan on the Titan in return for technology/help on small cars and sedans.

Now that Fiat will be taking care of the small car segment there is no need for Nissan's help anymore. So now that Chrysler no longer needs Nissan why help Nissan with a competing product?

Old 08-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

I'm glad they aren't helping out..

it would have juts like a gmc version of the chevy... just change out the logos

this way Nissan built something all new... totally there own and nothing like anything out there...

i was never a fan of brand badging...

Old 08-27-2009, 01:54 PM
kddsRam
Veteran

Originally Posted by HEMI_ROM
... Not a bad truck, but it could use a power boost considering todays competition.
You ever driven one? Power has never been an issue with their drive train, somehow Nissan figured out how to limit drivetrain loss to the rear wheels back in 04 when it came out.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:00 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I would have been curious to see what power the titan would have been putting to the wheels with the hemi in it. Their power loss to the wheels is a hell of a lot less than through ours. They were putting close to the same numbers down with less power than the 3rd gen hemi's. I would imagine with the new hemi in them they would be putting down more power to the wheels than your new rams do by about 6% or so.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:18 PM
BULLRAIDER
Rookie

The Titan uses a wide open throttle governor , to limilt low end torque, the Bullydog and other programmers remove that. its under downloading functions for the Nissan

Old 08-27-2009, 02:18 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

Originally Posted by kddsRam
You ever driven one? Power has never been an issue with their drive train, somehow Nissan figured out how to limit drivetrain loss to the rear wheels back in 04 when it came out.
No to be honest I have not, but I would like to. I have driven alongside 2 Titans while racing them though. They may have an efficient drive train but it did not help them, they both lost. I can only assume more ponies would have helped them out. I am not putting them down they are quick off the line to be sure and Ford has not done anything better in the HP department ether. I am saying that low 300’s are not on par with today’s Tundra 5.7L at 381HP, Chevies 6.2L 403HP, or Dodges 390HP.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:09 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

You're not comparing apples to apples there though. The Titan was made to compete with the 08 and under Rams, Fords, Chevy's which they did a very good job when you consider the how much power they were rated for and how much they got to the wheels. For the most part eventhough every other model had a higher HP rated engine, compaired to the Titan, the Titan was still putting to the wheels close to if not more than everyone elses. Personally I dont care for the titans, but I have to give credit where its due.

IF they were to get a hold of a more powerful engine like the 09's Hemi to compete with the new gen trucks coming out, They would be putting to the pavement more power than your 09' ram. Their drive trains are just more efficient than ours.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:08 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

Originally Posted by truckin151
You're not comparing apples to apples there though. The Titan was made to compete with the 08 and under Rams, Fords, Chevy's which they did a very good job when you consider the how much power they were rated for and how much they got to the wheels. For the most part eventhough every other model had a higher HP rated engine, compaired to the Titan, the Titan was still putting to the wheels close to if not more than everyone elses. Personally I dont care for the titans, but I have to give credit where its due.

IF they were to get a hold of a more powerful engine like the 09's Hemi to compete with the new gen trucks coming out, They would be putting to the pavement more power than your 09' ram. Their drive trains are just more efficient than ours.

“The Titan was made to compete with the 08 and under Rams, Fords, Chevy's” yes but not the 09’s - you have made my point for me. I was specifically comparing the current Titan to the current offerings from Dodge, Toyota and Chevy, no apples anywhere. “IF they were to get a hold of a more powerful engine like the 09's Hemi to compete” which they currently do not, once again my point exactly. The Titan is not my cup of tea ether, I don’t care for the styling but that is subjective and to each his own. The fact remains however, the Titan could benefit from an upgraded powerplant.

Quick Reply: No Chrysler built Titan