4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Messy oil change by dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:31 PM
pdavis53
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Serves you guys right for not doing the work yourself, you should know when you take it somewhere to get it done including the dealer that your going to get some dumbass that probably doesnt even have a GED doing the work.[/quote]

Just FYI I got the first six oil changes for free. So why would I want to do something I can get done for free. Also I have talked to the dealer since and they told me exactly want someone else already said. "bring it right back and we will take care of it". So I guess I won't be so lazy next time and I will take it right back if I have the problem again. In defense to the dealer this is the first time I have had a problem like this. I have been taking my wives Jeep there for the last year and a half (free of course) and have had no problems.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:33 PM
savage_46
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id tell them you want the engine compartment fully cleaned & degreased. and throw in a full wash & detail (without scratching it) for the hassle. i would present it in a stern way/tone rather than show them pissed and irritable. my boss just caves in when a cust brings something like that up.

EDIT: last week, our oil guy made a small mess on a r/t challenger. got a couple oil spots on the engine cover. dude was pissed and car was back inside in 5 minutes getting cleaned up w/ boss watching.

Last edited by savage_46; 08-31-2009 at 06:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Messy oil change by dealer