4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sick of this truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009 | 07:52 PM
ran jr
Veteran

Originally Posted by griebz
We'll see, I'm having the rotors done this week
Why wait, take the rotors off and take it for a drive. I'll wait here for you to report back with the results.

Old 08-30-2009 | 09:10 PM
renos09
Veteran

Obviously there is a problem when you have 40 to 60 people with the same problem. They had no problem taking your 40,000, all the guy wants is to fix the problem, If Chrysler keeps this up they will be looking at another bankruptcy in the near future.

Old 08-30-2009 | 10:06 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by Wil09RamSport
I had a 01 Grand Cherokee and had the same problem. End up being the some bad factory calipers, there was a recall on them. The front calipers were warping the rotors. Replaced them and the problem when away.
Chrysler has had problems with rotors for years because they buy them made in china or they use cheap chinese steel, that is why china buys up all the scrap steel so they can process all the crap together and make cheap steel and sell it back to us. JMHO

Old 08-31-2009 | 12:21 AM
griebz
|

Thanks for the advise guys, I have off thusday and friday so i will leave it with the mechanic and see what happens. As far as threatening chrysler, the way i see it they took almost 40k of my money and sold me a defective truck, whether they like it or not, THEY WILL either fix it or give me a new one, and if they are sent a legal notice to fix the truck, they have to abide by it. They will have no justification in denying me since i bought this thing 2 months ago. Hopefully the rotors will do it, i cant see what else it could be, the strangest thing is it comes and goes and sometimes it is worse then others. Either way im sick of it

Old 08-31-2009 | 03:56 AM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

The comes and goes and worse at times sounds like a TIRE ISSUE.Dealer needs to swap tires/wheels with one that drives good and you and them test drive it together.Fast and easy way to find out or rule out a internal issue in a tire or tires.

Last edited by hounddogg; 08-31-2009 at 03:59 AM.
Old 08-31-2009 | 10:45 AM
rolltidehemi
Captain

Originally Posted by hounddogg
The comes and goes and worse at times sounds like a TIRE ISSUE.Dealer needs to swap tires/wheels with one that drives good and you and them test drive it together.Fast and easy way to find out or rule out a internal issue in a tire or tires.
Mine had the same issue, they had to roadforce and index 3 of the tires and they ended up replacing one of them due to the flat spot, I'm sure the other three have issues due to the amount of wt. on the rims vs the one the replaced, but my truck runs fine for now.

Old 08-31-2009 | 02:30 PM
griebz
|

Hey all, the dealer swapped rims and tires twice, and the service manager even gave me wheels off of his truck which runs fine, and it still did it. I even bought a better set of tires for it, not goodyears, and the problem is still there.

Old 08-31-2009 | 06:44 PM
capsfloyd
Captain

I can shead some light on Texas Lemon Law.
1]Vehicle has to be less than 12 months old
2] At least 3x's to the dealer for same repair
3] You need to have a copy of all work orders.

I had to file Texas Lemon Law on a 2006 Yamaha V star 1100. There is information you can get. I did not have a Lawyer. I filed the certified papers with signature for papers, with all my copys of work done mailed them to the dealer and to Yamaha corp.
Once Yamaha corp reviewed the papers we settled with in 2 weeks.
I know it is frustrating but you will need to go by the bbok, the more information you have the better.
Your State may some information for you, KEEP EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF PAPER ON SERVICE

Old 08-31-2009 | 07:20 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

I play golf with the Sales/General Mgr. of one of my local dealerships. He said in the past 18 months he's had to do more lemon law claims than his previous 12 years as a GM combined!
The 6.7 CTDs have been plagued with CELs mostly having to do with emissions that they can't get right and the '09 1500s have almost all been for suspension/drive quality related issues.
Be careful though, for the drive related ones, Chrysler is now telling service mgrs. that everything short of a constant "death wobble" even at slow speeds, is going to be classified as "within Chrysler specs", so just be ready if they try to throw that one at you!!!

Old 09-01-2009 | 03:24 AM
sarguy01
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by renos09
Obviously there is a problem when you have 40 to 60 people with the same problem. They had no problem taking your 40,000, all the guy wants is to fix the problem, If Chrysler keeps this up they will be looking at another bankruptcy in the near future.
You know 40 to 60 people that have this same problem? With a 2009 Dodge Ram?

Quick Reply: Sick of this truck