4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sick of this truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 12:44 PM
griebz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sick of this truck

I have had it with this truck, I have only had it two months and have brought it in to have the steering wheel shake fixed 8 times already. I cant see how in this day in age a company cant build a vehicle that isn't plagued with problems, and how something that seems so simple cant be fixed. I HATE driving this truck on the parkway, as soon as you get between 60 and 70 mph the steering wheel starts to vibrate and shimmy, and its not the tires, they have been balanced, road forced etc. about 5 times already. At this point i dont know what else to do but file a lawsuit. This is ridiculous for a brand new truck.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:22 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was another thread about a similiar problem, and it turned out to be warped rotors.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:36 PM
griebz

We'll see, I'm having the rotors done this week, if that doesn't do it then thats the last straw, I'll be submitting this for a lemon law claim, cant deal with this nonsense anymore, to me this is ridiculous for a new truck.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:37 PM
tombogue09
Captain

I hear ya. I drive mine on country roads alot so I've tolerated it over 16000 miles but I can't stand driving it on the interstate when it starts shaking. I haven't taken it in yet but as soon as my other issue is resolved then I'll start fighting this, which should be very soon.

If you've been that many times to the dealer then you def. need to file a lawsuit. If mine didn't have so many miles then I would've already done it.

One guy took his to an independant shop and it was claimed to be a bent rotor but that must've been an isolated problem. I have no signs of bent rotors on the front or back wheels

Old 08-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Wil09RamSport
Rookie

I had a 01 Grand Cherokee and had the same problem. End up being the some bad factory calipers, there was a recall on them. The front calipers were warping the rotors. Replaced them and the problem when away.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran

Originally Posted by griebz
I have had it with this truck, I have only had it two months and have brought it in to have the steering wheel shake fixed 8 times already. I cant see how in this day in age a company cant build a vehicle that isn't plagued with problems, and how something that seems so simple cant be fixed. I HATE driving this truck on the parkway, as soon as you get between 60 and 70 mph the steering wheel starts to vibrate and shimmy, and its not the tires, they have been balanced, road forced etc. about 5 times already. At this point i dont know what else to do but file a lawsuit. This is ridiculous for a brand new truck.
After being in 3 times to the dealer for the same problem, I would have filed a complaint. Get yourself a lemon law attorney. You shouldn't have to pay anything you have a very strong case. If they want to charge you get a different attorney. The law firm will receive a fixed amount from Chrysler for their work, it will not be taken out of your settlement. You would think that Chrysler would want to settle prior to filing a lawsuit and adding more legal fees to the amount - their's and your's.

Good luck!

Old 08-30-2009, 02:24 PM
griebz

I agree, I do have an attorney, i will try one more time to correct the problem before i take legal action, the reason is the dealer wont look at it anymore, they claim its fixed, but they only drive it at 55 mph, the problem starts at 65. They are just messing with me now, if i get the truck back friday and its still shimmys i will send them a legal notice to the service manager directly to fix the truck, i will also let him know that if i have an accident with this truck because of this issue i will sue him personally. Im tired of being nice to these people, they are incompatent, they should probably find a job at duncan doughnuts or something, cause they sure as hell dont know how to fix vehicles

Old 08-30-2009, 03:09 PM
AZDodgeHemi
Amateur

Go for the lemon law before Chrysler tries to get out of them (again). They claimed that under bankruptcy protection they weren't bound to honor lemon laws anymore. Pending ones were dismissed. Now that they are out of bankruptcy, lemon laws are being honored again - including the ones dismissed.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:30 PM
sking
Veteran

Originally Posted by griebz
I agree, I do have an attorney, i will try one more time to correct the problem before i take legal action, the reason is the dealer wont look at it anymore, they claim its fixed, but they only drive it at 55 mph, the problem starts at 65. They are just messing with me now, if i get the truck back friday and its still shimmys i will send them a legal notice to the service manager directly to fix the truck, i will also let him know that if i have an accident with this truck because of this issue i will sue him personally. Im tired of being nice to these people, they are incompatent, they should probably find a job at duncan doughnuts or something, cause they sure as hell dont know how to fix vehicles
You are not going to get any place buy sending the notice to the service manager, and he CAN NOT be held responsible for any liability. As a matter of fact if you threaten the dealership with a law suite they can and probably will, make you go some place else for service. They are a business and have the legal right to refuse service to anyone. You have to open a claim with Chrysler to get anywhere or get a lawyer. Just some info for you.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:12 PM
RamPhreak
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sking
You are not going to get any place buy sending the notice to the service manager, and he CAN NOT be held responsible for any liability. As a matter of fact if you threaten the dealership with a law suite they can and probably will, make you go some place else for service. They are a business and have the legal right to refuse service to anyone. You have to open a claim with Chrysler to get anywhere or get a lawyer. Just some info for you.
The same is true as the truck owner....he has the legal right to refuse service by anyone. Would you take your truck back to a dealer who can't fix a simple problem...8 times? I would call the dealership owner and discuss it with them. This very well could be a performance issue with the Service Manager too.....he directs the mechanics and calls the shots.

Quick Reply: Sick of this truck