4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Finally Got My Challenger Hood On

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 72combo
Was there not hail damage on the other hood that should have been covered? They could just put in for that, or did you not go thru insurance?
They used the amount that was allotted for PDR towards painting of the new hood. The PDR was still less than the painting of the Challenger hood.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by drap660
Where can I buy this hood?
It's a Dodge hood. Any Dodge dealer should be able to order it for you.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:59 PM
carbonjuicd
Professional

love it

Old 09-06-2009, 12:50 AM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Working in a body shop, a lot of the parts we get are damaged like that---no real reason to explain it; just makes for a couple extra hours of labor!

Sweet looking hood!

Old 03-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Rizam
Professional
Default Part Number

Do you have the part number for the Hood? My local dealership does nothing without a part number.....

Old 03-04-2010, 04:08 PM
topgun
Captain

Boy, if they can't find the hood, they shouldn't have a job in the parts department. All they have to do is open their accessory catalog.

82211065AD

You might have a bit of trouble getting one as they are on hold for production, probably on backorder from parts. When the parts guys puts the number in the computer, it should give him the details.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Redfox217

i had my ordered friday and arrived at the dealership yesterday in Houston. Hood was painted today

Attached Thumbnails Finally Got My Challenger Hood On-hood.jpg  

Last edited by Redfox217; 03-04-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:23 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by we_the_unforgiven
Working in a body shop, a lot of the parts we get are damaged like that---no real reason to explain it; just makes for a couple extra hours of labor!

Sweet looking hood!
That is a hot hood but you should complain to wherever you bought it.
That is an issue I have with body shops...something doesn't turn out...not their fault. Oh you want it buffed out after that's extra. I love it when you get a car or truck painted and they leave the hood dry or a run or fisheyes. It's like it was my fault. They ask me...did you wax the truck when you had it..no.. did you put Armor all on your tires..yes...then they say it's my fault! What a joke.I asked them did you clean it with reducer or whatever before painting. Did you tack rag it off? This was an old experience I had but now the prices at body shops are getting out of hand.
I ordered a cowl induction hood for my 72 chevy came airfreight very nicely packaged, huge hood and heavy, not a nick or scratch or ding or anything. If I had to complain I would have to say they put too much expansion foam under the braces...took me and hour to trim and clean that up. I only paid like 400 including shipping too.
I forgot about the door I ordered all together at once I got the doors fenders, inner and outer, the rad cradle and some other stuff, I picked it all up, didn't open boxes, funny the parts came from where I live I drove 5 hours to a vendor who sold me them all for a grand less total including my cost of renting a trailer and my gas. Wild how Cross Canada Auto Body can have such different prices. One door turned out to be have a dent, I asked the body guy should I get a new door he said not worth it so I called the place I bought it and sent him a picture. I told him my body guy will fix it. He said cool and my next order which was more than the door cost came free. I wish I would have taken a different door, this door cannot be made to not leak!!!!!!

Last edited by 72combo; 03-04-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:17 AM
Doc Fluty
Banned

omg.. thats soo cool..

i was waiting to see one on a black laramie like mine...

grrr... i already have my hood painted or i would order one of these..

hmmm..

wanna swap? lol

Old 03-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Sorry... I plan on keeping the hood...

Quick Reply: Finally Got My Challenger Hood On