4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2009 Dodge Ram SLT Reg Cab

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Chsepck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see more RCs of the previous years for Rams than Quads and Megas combined... its so jacked up they didnt make that many =[

ill probably just end up getting an 04 RC 1500.... Damn, I was really looking forward to that new 09 RC

Old 10-04-2009, 08:32 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 72combo
For some reason they are still allowing you to build and 09 here is mine a sport regular cab loaded to the gills. http://www.dodge.com/hostc/bmo/summary.do
One thing you have to keep in mind... The RC was only built in St. Louis. That plant is going to shut down (actually I thought it already was).

So they either have to keep building the same thing or
Go without until a plant is re-tooled for a RC or
Re-tool very fast

The only RC I seen hit my delaers lot since they came back online was the one I ordered. They are stocked to the gills again, no RCs

Old 10-04-2009, 09:06 AM
plumcrazy73
Captain

order one if you want one

Old 10-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Medic1
Professional

The only reg cab I have seen, and I travelled to alot of dealerships to get first hand looks at the different trim levels, was a SLT sport reg cab. I did consider buying it, and it a gorgeous truck, black on black with dark slate/med greystone interior and rode just as well as the QC I bought but in the end passenger space was a deciding factor for me.

Heres a few photos I found using google image search:

Bright Silver SLT Reg Cab

Tan SLT Reg Cab

Deep Blue SLT Reg Cab

I know this doesn't help much with user experience but at least you get to see the images.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Chsepck

do they make STs wit power windows/locks and the 4.7L??

Old 10-08-2009, 08:12 PM
09RedRam

Hi Folks,

I've got a brand new 2009 Inferno Red RCLB SLT with 4 wheel drive, 3.92's, and the HEMI engine. Picked it up in the middle of August.

I spent a lot of time on the Dodge website searching inventory up and down the entire east coast (I'm in Norfolk, VA). Orginally started looking for a gray or silver ST model and found a half dozen or so (the 8' bed, HEMI, 4WD, and 3.92's were musts). Tried to put deals together over the phone on a few and they all fell through. When CARS started up the rest of 'em disappeared. I even went to my local dealer to get a quote on a 2010 (they told me sticker, I laughed), ended up letting them look for me for a week, when they called to let me know they couldn't help it was back to the Dodge website. That same evening I found the truck I have now on a small lot in Illinois (quite a bit further away than I ever wanted to go). I called and offered invoice, they countered with $800 over and we had a deal.

They made me a decent offer on my trade after I e-mailed a bunch of pictures (an 05 RCSB 2WD V6). I gave them a deposit to hold the truck till I could drive out the following weekend (can't say enough about the folks at that dealership). Took Friday off from work, drove 900 mi, picked it up, drove 900 back and have been loving it ever since!

They're out there, lot of work though, and I ended up with a nicer truck than I started out to get (spent a little more money too). Took me 3 months and a heck of a drive to get mine. Sticker was 33K, with discount and incentives paid 24K (then minus trade), certianly worth the trouble.

Kind of a long story but it was a great experience.

Quick Reply: 2009 Dodge Ram SLT Reg Cab