4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Diablo review

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 10:12 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo review

I bought my 09 back in March. After quickly reallizing that the truck was not living up to its potential, I posted up on the Diablo forums inquiring about support for our truck (in April -handle= chas123). I was told that it would "likely be 45-60 days out". While that date (60 days) came and went, Hypertech came out with a beta program that I was lucky enough to get in on. Their tuning was noticeably better than stock, but did nothing for torque management or transmission control. Hypertech said that they had no plans to address either of these.

As anyone who reads this forum regularly knows, Diablo finally got it done.

I bought a Trinity in anticipation of the release, and a week after I received it the release came out. Their tune far outweighs the hypertech's in performance. I was very pleased with driveabilty and throttle response. It takes less foot to go faster - faster (if that makes any sense). WOT is greatly improved and SOME of the TM was removed. After trying the 87, and then 93 tune it just gets better.

I was a little dissapointed that all of the TM wasn't removed. I then remebered a post on the Diablo forums from back in April about a guy that writes custom tunes. After an extensive search ( Diablo's forum is NOT search friendly, either from a post search, or member search standpoint) I found the guy. I sent him an email asking whether or not he could do something with the TM. This was the reply I got,
"Yes sir, I can remove all the torque management if you wish"

I then asked MikeL at Diablo if he thought the guy was straight up and got,

"Yes, he has the ability to do pretty much whatever you'd like…"

Well, long story short, I sent Mike Wilson $70 US on Friday morning. By close of business I had my tune. I loaded it, drove it, and my truck will now throw you back in the seat once the tire(s) stop spinning. This guy is the real deal, and if you want a mod that will actually do something other than look or sound cool, for the money you can't beat this.

Edit: I was mistaken the tune is $75

Disclaimer 1: I am not affiliated with or paid by either. Just wanting others to experience the same sht eatin grin I had.

Disclaimer 2: No flaming about money spent or warranty issues. Please start another thread calling me a dumbass. Just wanting others to experience the same sht eatin grin I had.

Last edited by mopowar; 10-12-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:40 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for taking the time to report your results. I wonder, did Diablo give any indication why they did not remove the TM when they are (apparently) aware it can be done? I doubt that even a full jar of grin remover will be effective for you at this point.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:41 PM
jason2922
Veteran

Can you pm me this guys email address or how to contact him pls. thx.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:03 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HEMI_ROM
Thanks for taking the time to report your results. I wonder, did Diablo give any indication why they did not remove the TM when they are (apparently) aware it can be done? I doubt that even a full jar of grin remover will be effective for you at this point.
Yes,
They burnt up trannies and didn't want to have to deal with the shyt.

Disclaimer 4- If you don't know how to drive stop here.

Sorry 3

Old 10-10-2009, 11:06 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jason2922
Can you pm me this guys email address or how to contact him pls. thx.

Yes so this site requires that a message be of 5 characters, yet yes contains only three characters, a y, an e, and a s.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:12 AM
72combo
Champion

Wow a lot of mistrust brewing? Why?

Old 10-11-2009, 08:13 AM
devile
Professional

Me likey and don't likey... But this guy with custom tunes, means, down the road (or for some people now) could get BIG perforramnce adders (turbo, super, cams, whatnot) and this guy could essentially write tunes for them... I think this guy needs to come to this forum, i'm sure he would b able to asnwer a million questions... My custom dream (it's not even very big) is to modify the ram logo on startup to be something more unique... As well as when you use the back arrow for the EVIC and it goes to a mainly blank screen, that you could put some sort of logo or saying in there...

Maybe bring him to the forum, have him introduce himself, i'm sure, he could make TONES of money wiht the LX chat as well...

Old 10-11-2009, 10:16 AM
HEMI_ROM
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by devile
Me likey and don't likey... But this guy with custom tunes, means, down the road (or for some people now) could get BIG perforramnce adders (turbo, super, cams, whatnot) and this guy could essentially write tunes for them... I think this guy needs to come to this forum, i'm sure he would b able to asnwer a million questions... My custom dream (it's not even very big) is to modify the ram logo on startup to be something more unique... As well as when you use the back arrow for the EVIC and it goes to a mainly blank screen, that you could put some sort of logo or saying in there...

Maybe bring him to the forum, have him introduce himself, i'm sure, he could make TONES of money wiht the LX chat as well...
The graphics on the EVIC could be easily modified, its on my someday to do list when I get the time. This kind of firmware is much easier to do then decompiling the PCM codes.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:57 AM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by devile

I sent him an email with a link to this thread. He is fairly well known on the Diablo forums.
Here is his site:
http://www.tuningsuperstore.com/

He also runs this one:
www.FleetTuning.com

Old 10-13-2009, 01:04 PM
rjc799
Veteran

NICE! Thanks for the information!

Quick Reply: Diablo review