4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Homelink question

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 12:38 AM
sking
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by renegd98
you most likely have to follow the procedure i did.,.. First program the homelink using the remote you use following the instructions in the book and then go and push the button on your garage door opener in your garage and return to your truck and push the button you just programmed 2 times holding it for 2 seconds during each push. You most likely have a garage opener that has frequency hopping and thus you have to do both procedures..

I think it is step 5... But you can go direct to step 5 until you have programmed which button you want to use.
yup what he said. The manual is not very clear about this....

Old 10-23-2009, 12:44 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by Renegd98
You most likely have to follow the procedure I did.,.. first program the homelink using the remote you use following the instructions in the book and then go and push the button on your garage door opener in your garage and return to your truck and push the button you just programmed 2 times holding it for 2 seconds during each push. You most likely have a garage opener that has frequency hopping and thus you have to do both procedures..

I think it is step 5... but you can go direct to step 5 until you have programmed which button you want to use.
Oh man that explains why one remote I have will program the homelink and the other won't. Okay forget my battery suggestion, crap a threw 2 good batteries away LOL
Good Luck

Old 10-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Brummo
Captain

I followed the manual. I remembered doin it in my Dakkota, which helped me Doing one of my SAABs. I just wasn't pointing my remotes in the right area to make sure the signals were hitting the home link. I know it sounds weird because it is a radio signal, but it seemed to work. Bbut in all I followed the manual's instructions. I know I didn't help much, sorry.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:18 PM
dgholmes59
Rookie

Here is the problem I had. I did not follow the directions that said place the remote within 3 inches of the homelink button. I did that and it worked perfectly within seconds. I had the remote too far away.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:44 PM
mcs
Amateur

Don't under estimate new batteries.I first tried with the old batteries, because the remote's power light would light up.Homelink wouldn't connect till I put fresh strong batteries in remote.

Quick Reply: Homelink question