DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   4th Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-tech-120/)
-   -   Bakflip vs Mopar Tonneau (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-tech/220113-bakflip-vs-mopar-tonneau.html)

sneeks 11-03-2009 06:47 PM

I would say a good 10-15% of the users that have covers here use the bakflip. I wouldn't be to concerned with the cons of it. Just don't buy the metal version. As durable as they make it sound, it seems to be the product they have the most problems with.

oldjeep 11-03-2009 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by sneeks (Post 1863112)
I would say a good 10-15% of the users that have covers here use the bakflip. I wouldn't be to concerned with the cons of it. Just don't buy the metal version. As durable as they make it sound, it seems to be the product they have the most problems with.

Problem is that Bakflip has been "upgrading" the plastic version for free to the aluminum one lately because the plastic was costing them more than the aluminum. When I've got some time I'm going to see if I can take mine apart and replace the beer can thin panels with something a little beefier.

I agree that the Bakflip is a cool design and durability aside works well - but their cutomer service is terrible for a company selling stuff in that price range.

Buyer beware

kevinc66 11-03-2009 07:55 PM

I like the Torza Hardhat,$529 shipped,7 year warranty.Takes 2 minutes to install,no drilling.Just throwing out a different option....................................Kevin.

Frouburg 11-04-2009 08:21 AM

Do you have any pics of the Torza Hardhat on your truck? I'm interested b/c I also ordered the Mineral Grey color option.

moparfreak77 11-04-2009 12:08 PM

We have had a Bakflip for a couple months and totally love it. I did tell the company I ordered it from to make sure it wasnt the HD. I don't think of an aluminum skinned cover as heavy duty.

slthemi10 11-04-2009 10:18 PM

installed bakflip g2

got my g2 today. $840can out the door. not a bad deal. install was a breeze. took me 20mins max and a 2 beers. i havent tested this being waterproof. but i live in bc so, i'll let you guys know as soon as i find out. bought mine thru a car dealer im dealing with. he gave the price to me at his cost. so im pretty happy.

Frouburg 11-05-2009 07:55 PM

anyone want to post some pics of the bakflips compared to the mopar?? If i remember correctly the mopar has a little higher profile than the G2

sneeks 11-05-2009 08:13 PM

Ill try to get some pics of the bakflip tomorrow. As for waterproof-ednessesss, the corners leak, and very little at that. Probably could be remedied easily, just I don't care...yet anyways!

kxwhite 11-06-2009 09:26 AM

you can look at my garage section to see pics of my Mopar cover.

oldjeep 11-06-2009 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by sneeks (Post 1866372)
Ill try to get some pics of the bakflip tomorrow. As for waterproof-ednessesss, the corners leak, and very little at that. Probably could be remedied easily, just I don't care...yet anyways!

When it's adjusted right you really don't get any water inside. I've checked after major rainstorms and it's still been nice and dry.