DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   4th Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-tech-120/)
-   -   Bakflip vs Mopar Tonneau (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-tech/220113-bakflip-vs-mopar-tonneau.html)

oldjeep 11-14-2009 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by cpelton (Post 1875055)
Its hard to tell by the videos and photos, with the cover folded all the way up and locked, does it rest against the cab?

Yes, there are rubber bumpers that touch the window. The rods and sliders are to keep it from falling back, not to keep it from touching the cab.

cpelton 11-14-2009 11:32 PM

ahhh dont know if I like that too much.. have you noticed any marks left behind from where it rests?

oldjeep 11-15-2009 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by cpelton (Post 1875220)
ahhh dont know if I like that too much.. have you noticed any marks left behind from where it rests?

I've only traveled with it all the way up a couple times, but no marks that I've noticed. The bumpers are pretty soft and shouldn't damage anything.

When you get the BakFlip, the bumpers are not attached. You peel and stick them where they work for your truck.

moparfreak77 11-15-2009 10:11 AM

For our truck we got 3 bumpers and only used 1 since the back glass is curved so the others wouldn't touch anyway.

oldjeep 11-15-2009 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by moparfreak77 (Post 1875562)
For our truck we got 3 bumpers and only used 1 since the back glass is curved so the others wouldn't touch anyway.

Mine came with 2 and both bumpers touch the outer windows. I didn't want it leaning on the slider.

Shumdit 11-17-2009 08:29 PM

I want a one piece textured unit that somewhat matches the OEM rail caps on my truck and sits flush. I do not need one that folds up, just a way to easily remove it if I need to use the truck to haul something. A 2 piece would be OK for being a little easier to remove and reinstall, but a one piece will look best. I have the Ram Box and it looks like no one offers such a unit.

Noreast 11-17-2009 09:56 PM

I have a g2 and absolutely love it. I fold it up to put the bikes/quad in the bed. I fold up just one piece when I have something sticking out the back. It's dry as a bone a it's locked when the bed is locked and it has a nice low profile. They installed in about 15-minutes. I'm no mechanic and it was a breeze. I've taken 250 mile drives with it resting on the bumpers without a mark.

I did have an issue where the rails were damaged on delivery and the folks at Bakflip were very cordial and helpful and sent me out a new set right away. Then I realized I had a slight leak and they sent me weather stripping to fix it.

Frouburg 12-02-2009 12:00 PM

I've decided that I'm going to go with the Bakflip. Dealer is telling me they are firm at $975 installed for the Mopar cover.

Anyone have references on where to find the best price on Bakflip covers?

Also, any experiences on the F1 version yet? Looks like the plastic G2 has been replaced by aluminum, but they are still calling them G2's...?

oldjeep 12-02-2009 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Frouburg (Post 1893248)
Anyone have references on where to find the best price on Bakflip covers?

Try JCWhitney. They usually have 15-20% off coupon codes floating around and sometimes free shipping.

Frouburg 12-02-2009 08:59 PM

tried there, but they are actually more than what people are offerring on ebay. I offered the lowest guy on there $600 shipped, so I'll keep everyone posted if they take it.

Any other suggestions?