4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Went to a local track yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 06:38 AM
BULLRAM
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to a local track yesterday

No not a quarter mile track, just a track with almost a mile straights, a friend works there and let me have a few minutes, I can tell you again, on MY 5.7 CC with 3:21 axle it cuts off at 106 gps verified and turning the key all the way over just cuts off the display on the radio, and NOTHING else, it still has the cutoff , it doesnt bother me, just thought it was interesting if it really did it, I dont know what I do differently, but this might do away with the rumor, and some people wont try it. Thank goodness my buddy let me on for free, I didnt know it cost that much just to drive around the track ??? ,I still had fun, but then they wanted me to get my slow truck off of the track..LOL

Old 11-05-2009, 07:35 AM
tombogue09
Captain

Interesting, the last guy that tried this here claimed to make 120mph no problem. I've heard two guys now successfully disable the speed limiter with the key trick. I've also heard several that can't. Either they're lying or some trucks do this and some don't

Old 11-05-2009, 09:35 AM
BULLRAM
Veteran

Thats what I was wondering, if I would have had more time out there I would have tried different things but for me it did not work, my buddy was gracious enough to get me a few laps for free,so I couldn't complain,then the BMW's came out running 150 plus, so I had to go.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:41 AM
2k1AmberR/T
Rookie

My friend's Dakota made it up to about 128ish if I remember right while he was holding the key. I was in the passenger seat, I saw the GPS. It was about 2 years ago though so I could be wrong about 128 but it was in the 120's for sure.

Quick Reply: Went to a local track yesterday