4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2010 RamBox

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009 | 03:54 PM
Shumdit
Professional

Originally Posted by seigell
I bought mine "sight unseen" after participating in Ram Driving Experience some 6 months earlier.
My idea was to store Tire Chains and Tie Downs and Utility Gear that were displaced from under the Rear Bench by the Subwoofer.
I was also thinking to store ATV gear in it when only hauling single machine and not the whole trailer. Only problem - an adult helmet won't fit in (no way / no how)...
Well, that can sit on the floor of the back seat while everything else fits in the RamBox.
I guess it depends on the helmet and the size of your Noggin!

Old 12-15-2009 | 03:59 PM
Shumdit
Professional

Originally Posted by giffordt
So it truly is "weatherproof"? No moisture or anything? My Titan has a small storage compartment on the driver's side behind the rear wheel that is supposedly "weather resistant" but collects so much moisture, sand, etc. from the road that I can't store anything in it.

To the others, thanks much for the info on the plant closure. Hopefully they will be shipping some of these soon.
Yes, it's as good as putting it in the trunk of your car or the cab of your truck. Obviously not temperature controlled, but I have had stuff in there since day one with no moisture, dirt, etc.

Old 12-15-2009 | 10:59 PM
HEMICrew
Rookie
Default RamBox Rox!

Seriously you should definitely get the RamBox. It has so many uses and although you do lose a small amount of bed it's only the fender wells. The RamBox compartments with the built in lights store just about anything and keep everything dry. My wife loves that we can go to the grocery store and put everything in the RamBox without putting anything in the bed. And the bed divider/extender that comes with the RamBox is awesome too. The thing I've loved most about the Ram besides the HEMI power is all the ingenuity that Chrysler put into this truck...RamBox, rear coil springs, refined interior, storage compartments, etc.

You won't be sorry you got the RamBox! And of course you can lock it too

Jason

Old 12-15-2009 | 11:10 PM
usp45compact
Professional

Originally Posted by hemicrew
seriously you should definitely get the rambox. It has so many uses and although you do lose a small amount of bed it's only the fender wells. The rambox compartments with the built in lights store just about anything and keep everything dry. My wife loves that we can go to the grocery store and put everything in the rambox without putting anything in the bed. And the bed divider/extender that comes with the rambox is awesome too. The thing i've loved most about the ram besides the hemi power is all the ingenuity that chrysler put into this truck...rambox, rear coil springs, refined interior, storage compartments, etc.

You won't be sorry you got the rambox! And of course you can lock it too

jason
+1,000

Old 12-16-2009 | 10:28 AM
jawsdc
Veteran

Originally Posted by HEMICrew
Seriously you should definitely get the RamBox. It has so many uses and although you do lose a small amount of bed it's only the fender wells. The RamBox compartments with the built in lights store just about anything and keep everything dry. My wife loves that we can go to the grocery store and put everything in the RamBox without putting anything in the bed. And the bed divider/extender that comes with the RamBox is awesome too. The thing I've loved most about the Ram besides the HEMI power is all the ingenuity that Chrysler put into this truck...RamBox, rear coil springs, refined interior, storage compartments, etc.

You won't be sorry you got the RamBox! And of course you can lock it too

Jason

the ram boxes were not on my priority list when i purchased my truck. i honestly decided on my vehicle based on every option except the ramboxes (they were just along for the ride).
if i had to replace my truck today, it would be the third option behind the hemi and crew cab.

jason

Old 12-16-2009 | 02:03 PM
jonthefireman

Long time Ford owner, switched to the Ram in October. The Rambox was actually the biggest draw for me, and I have put them to great use. However, I can potentially see problems down the road for someone who is "in and out" of them continuously. Don't get me wrong, their pretty well constructed, but they wont hold up to the rigors of contractor work.

The bed extender is a great addition as well, and stores perfectly at the front of the bed. Kinda incorporates the same bed options of the Titan that your used to.

Old 12-19-2009 | 12:43 AM
ANTCAP3

I spoke with a dealer in NJ on 12/17/09 and he related that the Ram Box is delayed until Feb. 2010.

Old 12-19-2009 | 01:00 AM
AmericanStang

Does anyone know if the RamBox will ever be an option for the 2500HD? I was considering upgrading in a year or two to the HD for towing purposes and cant stand the thought of getting rid of my RamBoxes. I LOVE them.

Old 12-19-2009 | 08:41 PM
usp45compact
Professional

Originally Posted by AmericanStang
Does anyone know if the RamBox will ever be an option for the 2500HD? I was considering upgrading in a year or two to the HD for towing purposes and cant stand the thought of getting rid of my RamBoxes. I LOVE them.
Just out of curiousity, what are you towing?

Old 01-19-2010 | 10:19 AM
jawsdc
Veteran

for those interested, due to weather related issues, i found out that the ramboxes will swallow four 50 lb bags of corn (2 each side).
Nice!

Quick Reply: 2010 RamBox