4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2010 RamBox

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010 | 03:47 PM
jram99
Veteran

For those that think they are loosing bed space with the rambox. You're not really loosing the space. You still have the space only now it's dry and dust free and lockable space. There really wasn't much you could put between the wheel well and the front or rear of the bed anyway. Hey jawsdc, you just gave me an idea. If you mounted a 12volt motor under the drain hole on one or 2 of the rear rambox spaces, installed a feeder plate and removed the drain plug, you could fill those rear spaces with corn and use them as a tailgate feeder. Just install a switch inside the cab and as you're driving down the road, sendero, etc hit the switch and put some corn out. The rambox will keep the corn clean and dry. You could put the divider in and fill that bay all the way up. May have to try this. Jeff.

Old 01-19-2010 | 05:20 PM
jawsdc
Veteran

awesome idea! especially when you see how difficult it is to get a standard tailgate feeder to fit on our tailgates...

Old 01-19-2010 | 05:51 PM
cheshirer1

I was told that it is up to the individual dealers to dcide if they are going to have the Rambox on the lot. Most will not stock it due to the added price tag.

I would love to see it in a long bed model. Maybe a cross toolbox in the front and the bed rail boxes. Put it with a megacab and you may need a CDL to get it home

Old 01-21-2011 | 11:31 AM
Army_Bob

Does anyone have the Part number for the Drain Plug on the RamBox?
thanks

Old 01-23-2011 | 10:19 PM
Sprecballs

I really love my rambox's, I'm in the army as a drill sergeant and thats where I tend to store most of my gear (body armor, helmet, etc..) during our training cycles so I always have it on me when I go to a range or something. And it keeps the inside open for people to sit. I've never had any issue with any moisture getting in except for when i used them as coolers. I just hit 16K miles this weekend on my 09

Quick Reply: 2010 RamBox